Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Anomoly Regarding New Phone Package Statement

FIXED
jack21
Grafter

An Anomoly Regarding New Phone Package Statement

I was notified in good time about the Plusnet price changes due on 1 Sep. One of the good new features, in my eyes, was that Call Anytime was being replaced for new customers by Call Anytime + Mobile. OK, so that is for new customers....but the notification also said....

"If you’re an existing Plusnet customer and would like to update your call plan to one of the new products, you can do so from 1st September."

So that was good, and on 2 Sep I phoned in to upgrade to the new Call Anytime + Mobile....I was very surprised to be told I could not have that upgrade because I'd also got Line Rental Saver. Well where does it say that the 2 packages are mutually exclusive?......I'm afraid that I can't find that being mentioned beforehand.

I assume this is an anomoly or a mistake, and nothing that was planned - otherwise it would have been mentioned, wouldn't it. Very odd!!

Customer Options also seemed surprised it wasn't possible to have LRS and Anytime+Mobile and have said they'll see about checking what can be done......so I'm awaiting a response.

26 REPLIES 26
JohnofYork
Grafter

Re: An Anomoly Regarding New Phone Package Statement

I looked for that option (Anytime + Mobile),and didn't see it online under 'Change call plan' options.

I too have LRS.

Obviously a feature.

WHo knows how long it will take to appear, if ever.

Probably won't hold my breath.

John

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@jack21 @JohnofYork Sorry to hear you're both having trouble adding these call plans online. If you give us a call we should be able to get those added for you. May be best to call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JohnofYork
Grafter

Thanks Harry

Think Jack had problems when talking to Customer Services.

I mentioned the online issue I had to show that it's probably something built-ion to PlusNet systems.

John

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You're right, I seem to have inadvertently missed the last bit regarding speaking to COT. Apologies.

Just having a look over the account specifically in a bit more detail.

@JohnofYork Might be worth holding off on that call. I'll get back to you both.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for your time on the phone @jack21 I believe that should be sorted now.

@JohnofYork Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question, I may have confused myself. Are you also wanting to change to this call plan or were you just checking online to see if it was a problem with the package change tool online as well?

If you are wanting to change the call plan, it may not be worth giving us a call, but I'm happy to try and help with that tomorrow when I'm back in work.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JohnofYork
Grafter

Hi Harry

I was only sort-of interested in changing our call plan - i'd been looking to see if any changes were available and the Unlimited+Mobile package was listed as a current call package, while our Anytime one is now 'Archived'

So I'd tried to see if we could switch online, but id didn't appear. Then I saw Jack21's post on the forum so thought it worth mentioning.

John

jack21
Grafter

Many thanks Harry, I see my account now shows the new phone package, as I wanted. I'm very grateful for your welcome successful intervention in this.

Cheers,

Jack

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@JohnofYork wrote:

I was only sort-of interested in changing our call plan

If you decide you'd like to go on to one of the newer packages, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

@jack21 - No problem Jack Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
russelld49
Hooked

I to have this problem and was told this afternoon that as I had line rental saver I could not upgrade my plan to UK Unlimited + Mobile £8. There was nothing that could be done but things might change as others had the same problem. I find this a rather bizarre situation and very frustrating.

jack21
Grafter

@russelld49

HarryB found a way to make the swap for me, so it could be a good idea to ask him to arrange it for yourself. It clearly is an issue with the package-control process, and isn't an intentional block.

dave64

@HarryB

Hi, I'm having the same problem, Evening, Weekend UK  & Mobile not in the list of options for me to change to.  I also have a line saver so it's probably the same issue as others are having. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@russelld49 - I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this matter. Please could you respond here.

@dave64 - I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this matter. Please could you respond here. After raising the ticket on your account, I've noticed I may need to wait until tomorrow to make changes on your account.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
russelld49
Hooked

Seems account has been updated with new call plan. Thanks HarryB for your help.

dave64

@HarryB My account has been upgraded as well now - thanks for your help.