cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I with Plusnet Home Phone or Not ?????????

Adderman
Grafter

Am I with Plusnet Home Phone or Not ?????????

37 days after requesting my home phone transfer to Plusnet from BT I still can't be sure that my request has been finalised.
Although I was told by Plusnet that my transfer was "completed" on 15th April (after an original transfer request posted on 12th March!), my account summary still says my order is "unconfigured". Nor can I yet access my phone account on the Plusnet site (I get the standard message " your order is currently being processed"), and when I try the Home Phone Control Panel I'm told "Home Phone is not yet available - you will be able to access it once your home phone product has been activated - we will e-mail you once this has happened" !!!
My phone line behaves the same as it was with BT (eg voicemail remains unchanged, is that how it should be?). I was supposed to get another message from the provisioning team yesterday 17th but nothing - so I added these comments and still nothing! Worse still the BT site is down so I can't even get an indication from there!
So am I now with Plusnet Home Phone or not? How do I know? When can I get into my online phone A/C?????????? 
8 REPLIES 8
paulby
Grafter

Re: Am I with Plusnet Home Phone or Not ?????????

Dial 150 from your home phone.
If you get "Welcome to BT..." then you're still with BT.  If it says "You cannot call that number from this line...." then you're with PN.
Adderman
Grafter

Thanks Paul03. Seems I must be with Plusnet 'cos I can't call 150. But any ideas when I get to access my Plusnet Home Phone info online? Should this all have taken so long? Can Plusnet cope?Huh
Adderman
Grafter

Knowing that Plusnet staff read these pages it would be nice for someone to respond to some of the queries I've raised in my original posting.
Thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you raised a ticket? http://contactus.plus.net
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Adderman
Grafter

Thanks jelv.
Yes, original ticket dates back over a month and I also raised a second ticket short time ago which has just been replied to. Did this posting have anything to do with it!
Just for general info it seems that because Plusnet ended up having to 'manually' place my phone transfer after somehow messing up, they also now have to 'manually' activate my online a/c info which they say will take them into next week. So all in all it looks like for me at least, completion of the whole transfer process will go beyond 40 days, despite me placing my online order well before the backlog and ordering problems!!
Hope I don't get get any more messages from them asking for referrals!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Adderman
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm having a look into this now for you, I'll be back shortly with a reply.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Basically yes, you are with us. As the order was placed manually we need to do some more work in order to allow you to view the online phone control panel, I've spoken with the relevant people and this should happen early next week. Sorry for the delay and welcome to PN Home Phone.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Adderman
Grafter

Thanks Chris.
Shame it's taken so long but nothing lost (other than a bit of customer confidence) . Appreciate the reply anyway.
Adderman