cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I expecting too much?

essenby
Grafter

Am I expecting too much?

Having had great service from PN previously, when I had to organise a new service following a home move I went with PN again.  One week prior to service activation I was told that the engineer would complete the provisioning between 1pm and 6pm on 12/01/15   Great  Smiley
However 6pm passed and no service  Sad  Eventually at 11:41pm I get an email stating "Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service" .  That was followed up by similar a text at 09:01 this morning
Now is it me, or is that poor customer service?  Probably, by 11:41pm last night and certainly by 09:01 today, I KNOW there's been a delay.  What I need is a reason for the delay and a forecast of when the service will be provided.  And having spoken to PN support this morning, all they can tell me is that there has been a delay and they will have to ask the supplier for the reason.   And now I have to wait another 24 to 48 hours for them to get back to me.  Surely the time to ask the suppliers for the reason was 6pm yesterday when the promised provision was not completed?
Or that just me?
5 REPLIES 5
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: Am I expecting too much?

Hi essenby,
I'm really sorry about that.  With literally hundreds of engineer visits taking place on a daily basis up and down the country, it's not always possible for us to be proactive when there are delays, and rely on the engineers updating the jobs which then send automated messages to us.  When it's a late appointment, these updates generally come through late in the evening, I appreciate that's of no help to you however and I'm sorry you waited in for nothing.
I am having difficulty finding your account so if you want to PM me your details, I'll be happy to have a look at see what the delay is for you.
Warm regards
Sharon
essenby
Grafter

PM sent as requested.  Many thanks for your assistance.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi essenby,
Apologies for the confusion, unfortunately Sharon is out of the office for a few days and we don't have access to her PM's
Could you possibly PM myself and I will pick this up later this morning for you
Regards
Matt
essenby
Grafter

Thanks Matt.  PM with details sent as requested.
Cruise85
Grafter

Thanks for that
I'll chase this up with Openreach now and respond to your PM once I have an update
Regards
Matt