Did you mean: 

Almost 2 weeks now and no phone or internet

FIXED
smiley180
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Almost 2 weeks now and no phone or internet

Hi

I spoke with someone yet again today as my phone line / internet has been down for over a week. no dial tone. I've tried all the troubleshooting in main and test socket and tried eg a different corded handset and all of the usual requests. etc. etc. And to cap it all ridiculously I'm now being told there isn't a line fault ! ! !

Please someone get this fixed asap. This is an unreasonable amount of time for me to have been waiting for a fix.

10 REPLIES 10
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Almost 2 weeks now and no phone or internet

Hi @smiley180, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you are having with your service. From looking into the account, it appears there is an issue with our supplier records matching your phone and postcode, thereby when a fault is being raised it's not progressing on the system as it should. We have raised a request with our suppliers to have these records updated, as soon as this has been done we'll be able to progress your fault further.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
smiley180
Grafter

There is still no resolution to this problem. No contact. Absolutely nothing.

It's worth noting that there have been around 5 bt openreach vans working outside my home, only 1 of whom was supposed to fix the telephone line but refused to due to bt incompetence in not reassigning the number.

This is unacceptable.
I repeat, this is unacceptable.

When can I expect telephone line / internet that I am paying for going to be fixed?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @smiley180.

I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

I've taken this on personally for you and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
smiley180
Grafter

Thank you for taking charge.

I will let you know if there is any change.

I was told previously that the line reassignment, which should have taken place when I switched to Plusnet last year, would take 5 days, followed by being informed that bt had rejected (no reason given) the Plusnet request. And nothing since.

The loss of landline has created a lot of problems for some other members of my family.
smiley180
Grafter

Moving into week 4 and still not a word of resolving a simple reassignment and no closer to fixing the telephone/ internet.

Why not?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this @smiley180

I am chasing this up for you with our suppliers and I'll update you as soon as I know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
smiley180
Grafter

Thank you for your reply.

I think that you will agree this delay and lack of any action is really unacceptable.

Can you explain why bt- openreach have not acted on the line reassignment (a simple admin process that was to take 5 days!) and repair the fault to date?

I still don't understand why the line cannot be fixed even w/out the line being reassigned to the correct address since it is obvious that it did not make a physical difference of outcome to us receiving the service. And importantly the line is disconnected due to incompetent work carried outside and not from with in. They must know this, right?

What is going on? Why isn't it being fixed? When will it be fixed?

smiley180
Grafter

Well finally an openreach engineer arrives 8 am this morning (thank you plusnet/ Matthew) to the wrong address but luckily finds his way here. No issues so far.

Checks line from master socket and it is dead as the proverbial parrot.

Leaves to try and find the external fault.

10 am and he is still trying to fix the fault that openreach created in the first place. ho hum.

I have faith in his abilities. Please.

smiley180
Grafter

Fix
Finally phone line / internet fixed 11.30 am by an engineer who wanted to get it fixed before leaving.

Thank you for your help Matthew (and any other). Appreciated.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @smiley180 

Thanks for letting us know that it's now fixed! I'll let Matthew know.

If you require any further assistance then please get back in touch.

Kind Regards, 

Alisdair