cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Numbers Unobtainable

dqj999
Dabbler

All Numbers Unobtainable

On my PlusNet landline, I get dial tone then I'm getting number unobtainable when I try to call any number including 999!

(I've changed the phone and my broadband is OK.)

The phone line appears busy when you try to call it and the Phone TroubleShooter says Oops there has been a problem call the support line. This currently has a waiting time of 30 mins!

Has anyone else seen this before?

This started sometime this afternoon on Tuesday 15th August 2017.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: All Numbers Unobtainable

Hi,

A failure on the phone line test is not uncommon (trying to chase that elsewhere) but number unavailable when there's a dial tone sounds like an in-exchange issue.

Hopefully a staff member might pick this up soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dqj999
Dabbler

Thanks for your information.

The problem cleared itself after about 6 hours. I thought it might be an incoming call that did not hang up but it was weird getting dial tone and then NU.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your line. My tests aren't detecting any issues, but I'm happy it appears to have rectified itself. If it happens again, I'd recommend to troubleshoot the issue here

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet