Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for Home Phone change....

suec45
Grafter

Advice needed for Home Phone change....

Ok guys, please bear with my questions :-
1: We are already with Plusnet Premier Legacy £19.99 8mb and want very much to stay on this rather than change to the newer options. Can we get Homephone and stay on the account we are on for Broadband?
2: I Currently pay for our Plusnet Broadband seperate to our BT line which is payed for by my Husbands business.  If we add Homephone, the whole bill will need to be transferred to My Husbands Direct Debit, is this OK?
3: What is the best way to go about question (2)?  A phone call would seem like the best option to me, is this OK?
4.  The best option would be for me to carry on paying for the broadband and my husband pay for the home Phone, but I guess this is not possible?Huh

To summarise in case its not clear :-
We would like to stay on the the Premier Legacy 19.99 product, and add home phone anytime (15 a month I believe), but also swap payment for everything to my Husbands account, or just pay seperately, me for Broadband and my husband for the Homephone.
Could anyone help us to get this sorted in the best way possible?  Sorry, it sounds more complicated than it is Smiley

I could explain it better on the phone.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
paulby
Grafter

Re: Advice needed for Home Phone change....

Your questions are probably best answered by Mand or Jameseh who should be around tomorrow.  The answer to question 1 is yes though.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: PJ
These answers are neither official nor definitive

You are not a member of Plusnet staff so why would anyone think that? I hope the prospect of being a moderator isn't going to your head.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: PJ
That and I'm an egomaniac.  Grin

I hope that isn't why you are standing! I rather like the moderators who quietly get on with things behind the scenes - I might have to reconsider my vote - but there again I might not!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Hi there,
1: We are already with Plusnet Premier Legacy £19.99 8mb and want very much to stay on this rather than change to the newer options. Can we get Homephone and stay on the account we are on for Broadband?
Yes, this is absolutely fine.
2: I Currently pay for our Plusnet Broadband seperate to our BT line which is payed for by my Husbands business.  If we add Homephone, the whole bill will need to be transferred to My Husbands Direct Debit, is this OK?
Again, absolutely fine and really easy to sort Smiley All you would need to do would be to fill in the Direct Debit form available under Payment Details on this page:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mydetails&?membermenu=accountdetails
3: What is the best way to go about question (2)?  A phone call would seem like the best option to me, is this OK?
Easier than that!  Just click on the upgrade link in your member centre.
https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade
4.  The best option would be for me to carry on paying for the broadband and my husband pay for the home Phone, but I guess this is not possible?Huh
Unfortunately not.  you will need to use your husbands Direct Debit payment for the whole bill.