cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding services to Home Phone

TK999

Adding services to Home Phone

Hi, I've recently joined PlusNet with a combined Broadband and Phone package.
I added Free evening & weekend calls at a cost of £1.50 per month, and that apparently won't be activated until my next billing date. Bit of a pain but I can live with that.
Once my phone was activated, I was disappointed to see that there's no 'Caller Identity' included. It seems that's another 99p/month (PlusNet are rapidly looking less and less attractive compared to my previous supplier BT). The Home Phone Control Panel states "You cannot add or remove any call features until this order has completed". Do I really have to wait until my second billing period to add Caller Identity - seems very antiquated if you can only add one feature per month...
Thanks, Tim
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Adding services to Home Phone

It does seem very silly
Why not try it and see
TK999

As my Home Phone Control Panel states "You cannot add or remove any call features until this order has completed", I don't have the option to try and do this myself.
I just called customer Services (45 minute queue time!!!) and they couldn't do it either.
I just have to wait until the next billing period starts, when Evening and Weekend calls will be activated, then I can add Caller Identity. Apparently that activates after a day or so.
Ho hum - bit of a pain but not the end of the world...
TK999

Update is that everything is now working on the phone - free eve/weekend calls and caller identity. Took a bit of time and a bit laborious but got there in the end.
Suspect the next hurdle will be PlusNet trying to charge for 1571, as the trend seems to be for all providers keeping their line rental charges adhering with Ofcom's 2014 guidance, so they're gradually stripping out everything and offering each bit back as a chargeable add-on. Over time, you'll be able to get a quite cheap 'bare bones' landline and any even slightly useful features will be an additional cost.  Sad
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: TK999
Over time, you'll be able to get a quite cheap 'bare bones' landline and any even slightly useful features will be an additional cost.  Sad

Can't come soon enough Smiley  Naked DSL would be even better...