cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding mobiles to contract when we have line rental saver

BRABUS
Grafter

Adding mobiles to contract when we have line rental saver

Last year my father in law on plus net staff advice extended his line rental saver and then tried to add 100 inclusive mobile minutes.  He was then told that he could not do that and should have let his line rental saver expire and then start a new one before he could add the mobile minutes.  On questioning PlusNet staff we were told that he could cancel his line rental saver and start a new contract at his expense.  He would effectively have lost 12 months of line rental saver - how  mad is this.
I have just enquired about what to do this year as the line rental saver goes up on 23rd September and his billing date is also that date.  I was told that he should renew his line rental saver and then add the mobile minutes.

well until someone in Plusnet puts it in writing I am very unsure of what to tell him as I am sure anyone else would be.

Can a plus net staff member please tell me how he should do this, I can give you his account details if needed.
7 REPLIES 7
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Adding mobiles to contract when we have line rental saver

All call plans
UK Mobiles 100 inclusive minutes available for £3 per month (for packages taken on or after 8th May 2013)

Crikey; I had never even heard of that option before you mentioned it.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi BRABUS,
Sorry for any confusion caused. The correct answer is it depends on which LRS your father in-law has. If they paid £137.88 for their LRS then the mobile calls package isn't available on this LRS tier. If they renew their LRS on or after the 23rd of September then they'll pay the higher LRS price at £155.88 but the mobile calls package would be available to him. Please note that the £155.88 LRS doesn't come with Evening & Weekend calls included like the £137.88 does.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

We have already been told that renewing at the new price would retain the weekend/evening weekend as appropriate
Does this mean that the previous information was wrong or that it was right but then the mobile option wouldn't be available
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It would if you're renewing it from the £137.88, Oldjim but in this particular situation the customer would need to let the existing LRS expire so that they're put on the new tier of £155.88 so that the mobile calls package is available.
That made sense in my head when I typed it...let me know if it doesn't make sense written down!  Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It was because you said renew as opposed to letting it run out then restarting it
BRABUS
Grafter

Feel sorry for poor Linn, she has been on the phone to me so I reckon her head must be frazzled  :D. She was very helpful though and has restored my faith in Plus Net.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear that, BRABUS. Glad we managed to get that sorted for you Smiley
Like we discussed, let me know what your father in-law decides to do and give me a shout on here if you need any help!