cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding line rental saver

Jaspear

Adding line rental saver

Hi, we want to add line rental saver to our weekend call package but plusnet are telling us that we have to pay for at least the evening / weekend call package which is just wasted as we don't use the home line and digs into any saving we are trying to make
According to plusnets site we can add line rental saver to any package but were told that's not the case   Angry
•you can add Line Rental Saver to any of our broadband and phone packages.
Has anyone else had this problem or been able to successfully add on line rental saver to a evening call package?
Still waiting to here back from plusnet but our support questions haven't had a reply since Wednesday  Shocked
Cheers Smiley
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Adding line rental saver

The line rental saver for customers not renewing it doesn't include any calls
I assume that the automated system can't handle the change.
I would normally suggest phoning but given the horrible wait time I wouldn't bother
I am surprised that you haven't had a reply but hopefully it will be picked up here on Monday
jetstar
Grafter

Here is a link to Home Phone FAQ http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml
Free weekend calls on Plusnet weekends plan are not included if line rental saver is set-up.
Apprentice
Grafter

After the changes and price increases in October the "new" LRS is slightly cheaper mainly as it is voice only no free weekend calls, I understand that the "free" evening and weekend calls package at £1.50 could perhaps be added manually by PN Staff /  DCT, obviously they would need to confirm that.
The customer/end user can't add that free e&w calls package to their account via the PN Member Centre as far as I know.
There could be an app link to do that just like there is to check the LRS via the MC, who knows?.
Jaspear

Thanks guys for your replies and links... I will see if they can put us on line only then if that's possible - we don't really need any form of call package as we don't really use the landline that much.
It does sound possible by the link jetstar shown "•Not available with Line Rental Saver. Customers on this plan will be switched to Line only if Line Rental Saver is taken"
Unfortunately still no reply and yea the wait times on the phone get a bit to much  Angry Properly give them a call next week if I don't hear soon  Roll_eyes
gree0115
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've tried to add the anytime call package with the 1000 mobile minutes for a friend of mine, but PlusNet are unable to do it because "line rental saver" is on the account, and has just been renewed for another 12 months. It does strike me as somewhat inflexible when they are not able to deliver all line options just because you pay line rental up front. Can someone from PlusNet explain why this is the case please?
Cheers,
David
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's a commercial decision to only allow annual line rental on the 'line only' product.
gree0115
Rising Star

Fair enough, but we are paying for the telephone package on top of this. The line rental saver covers purely the line rental of the "line only" as you say, but why not allow additional bolt-ons, you'd be making more money anyway by doing that.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that.
Apprentice
Grafter

It gets confusing when you read the LRS service terms as attached, section 3 implies that LRS must be taken with a Plusnet call package / calling plan?  Huh

Edit:- I just have the LRS and no calling plan, wasn't told any different.
Probably the service terms need updating
 Wink

Edit 2:- on second thoughts possibly "Voice" only is an actual calling plan [cough] where you pay the connection charge and X pence a minute for the call in PN's telecom world?
Mayfly
All Star

I am utterly confused by the rules for LSR. I queried it the other day.
The way it was explained to me was it's £131.88 for no calls but to pay for any time calls as I do it's £137.88. So actually my understanding is, my calls in effect don't cost me £4.50pm as an existing customer but £4.50pm plus the extra £6.00 pa because I pay for calls.  Shocked
It's not the cost that botheres me but the way it's marketed appears absurd.
Apprentice
Grafter

The PN explanation of current and previous call plan charges before and after the 8th May 2013, link:-
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans
Mayfly
All Star

Yep read that know the differences, I just don't understand whats wrong with one standard rate of LRS and charge customers for the call package they require but then again although I love PN and serve me well, very well in fact. I just don't understand their pricing policies. There must be benefits in doing it the way they do. I simply don't understand as others don't question it.
ronb

Mayfly - Your not the only one confused!!!