cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding call plan - cost query

SteamAge1
Hooked

Adding call plan - cost query

I have an 18 month contract for broadband and line rental. I now wish to add a call package. However, the automated update screens are using the out-of-contract price, £10 per month greater than my contract. There's 30 min waiting time for the Customer Service phone, the on-line chat service is suspended, and I can't find an email address to ask about this directly. I need a Plus.Net person to confirm the price I will actually be charged and the date from which the call plan will take effect. TIA

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Adding call plan - cost query

@SteamAge1  Welcome to the forum.

Following the advice in this post might solve your problem. You should be able to add a calls package without your contract being affected. Unlimited landline and mobile calls cost £9 per month.  https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Outrageous-charges-to-phone-vulnerable-relative/m-p/1720539...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SteamAge1
Hooked

Thanks. I'm aware what the cost ought to be. However, the automatic upgrade screens ask you to authorise a direct debit that's £10 per month higher than it ought to be. In both the thread you reference and the one it references, the solution was for a Plus.Net rep to get in touch by PM, which I what I'm hoping will be the response to this thread.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@SteamAge1 

We’re reading the linked post differently. My understanding is that the trick is to check if the particular agent is on line by going to the bottom of the forum home page and seeing if he’s on line by looking through the staff available . You then then send a pm to him.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SteamAge1
Hooked

Hi @Baldrick1, Interesting. Maybe we are looking at different threads then. All I see are references to Plus.Net staff who spot the queries and then get in touch, usually by PM. Where are you seeing a list of currently on-line staff members? I see "most thanked" and "top fix authors" on the Forum home page...

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@SteamAge1 

See the bottom of this page

https://community.plus.net/

SteamAge1
Hooked

Thanks. I've picked on @plusnettony because he wa on-line at the time and has responded to similar queries recently. Now waiting for him to respond. I expect they're all rather busy just now...

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I have a few hundred PM's to go through (I exaggerate only slightly). I'll try to get to you today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
SteamAge1
Hooked

Thanks @plusnettony . I appreciate it. I've PM'd you my phone number