cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a nuisance number to call protect

popsrekrap

Adding a nuisance number to call protect

I want to add a number to call protect, unfortunately, someone else called before I could get to 1572 to activate the block by using the 1 button.

Is there a way to add the number on line?

14 REPLIES 14
MymsMan
Dabbler

Re: Adding a nuisance number to call protect

No, one of the deficiencies of call protect

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

According to This link to the call protect instruction table, if you know the number you can add it manually (option 4 > 2)

Not tried it, and don't know whether your 'own list' replaces or is in addition to the 'recommended list', so a bit of experimentation required unless someone knows for sure.

popsrekrap

Thanks for all the help, just going to wait until he phones again, probably today, as usual. and 1572 him.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there and welcome to our community forums.

I realise I'm a little late here as you've got an answer already though it's probably not the one you'd like.

I believe we've passed feedback on in the past to our products guys about this.

Please do let us know if you have any other queries or need further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Gandalf

My diverted callers list is currently full according to 1572 but nowhere can I find how many diverted callers I can have any help would now be appreciated as I have had 6 unsolicited calls in the past 2 days.

JayG
Pro

The answer is 100 diverted caller numbers (and up to 50 VIP numbers.)

mort7890
Pro

OK but did not find that on P/N site anywhere (Portal not loading correctly) however I may have over the time input 100 but no more that 15 numbers on VIP and that is saying it is full. Also where are the instructions for removing old and maybe duplicated ones to add new ones, again not found these on the P/N site anywhere.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mort7890,

I'm sorry to hear that it's saying that your VIP list is full despite you not adding many numbers to this. Please have a look at the call feature page here for full instructions on using the Call Protect feature - you can find this under the "How do I use call features?" section.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mort7890
Pro

That only shows call features not how to check "Diverted Callers lists" in option 1 and option 4 and also how to remove older numbers in the same.

JayG
Pro

That's the only option I've found too - you can only remove them one by one! Roll_eyes

mort7890
Pro

@EmilyD

Not answering the question, how do I delete the oldest numbers diverted to release space and how do I check to see if I have inadvertently duplicated any numbers in both options with the total again in both options of how many diverted please.

mort7890
Pro

@JayG

How do you tell if they are the oldest numbers please.

JayG
Pro

The only option appears to be 'a short list of your least effective numbers' - whether these start with the oldest or are somehow ordered as to whether they have actually been used to block calls from that number I don't know.

Unlike BT's own call protect system Plusnet does not provide the facility to manage your lists online, so I can only suggest you make yourself a nice cup of tea, find a comfy chair, and stretch your fingers prior to working through and editing the list one by one.

mort7890
Pro

@JayG @EmilyD

Tried that (option 4, option 4 then option 5) start to listen but before the voice gets to the last digit I get cut off, so I cannot use that option

There is no list for option 1 as that is only to add, option 2 is to remove the last entry, so that will be the newest entry. If there is 100 numbers deleting them 1x1 will need more than a nice cup of tea.