cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding HomePhone to my existing Plusnet BroadBand

KK
Grafter

Adding HomePhone to my existing Plusnet BroadBand

I switched my broadband from BT to Plusnet last year, and my line saver rental deal with BT finishes next month.  I plan to switch my landline to Plusnet on the same day as the BT deal finishes.
I have spoken to BT, and they say that the switch will be handled entirely by Plusnet, and I will not need a MAC code.  Is this correct?
Also, if I use the on-line Upgrade option on the website's Members Centre, will it allow me to specify the date on which the switch should take place?  And will it allow me to make payment upfront for a PlusNet line saver rental deal?
Finally, will the on-line Upgrade option automatically apply the reduced price broadband deal which applies to Plusnet landline users?
Happy New Year to all.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Adding HomePhone to my existing Plusnet BroadBand

MACs are used for broadband transfers and you don't need one to transfer your phone service. Plusnet, as the gaining provider, will handle the transfer for you. It takes a minimum of 14 days to allow time for the transfer to be challenged. BT Retail should contact you during that period to confirm that you do wish to transfer.
Plusnet staff would have to answer your additional questions.
However rather than upgrading on-line at standard prices I suggest giving the Customer Options/Retentions Team a call on 0330 123 9197 to see if they can offer you a deal for both broadband and phone (with Line Rental Saver) that you find attractive. The COT are open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
David
KK
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, SpraxyT.  I'll give that number a call about 3 weeks before the BT deal ends.  It would be nice to be able to specify the precise date for the switchover!
ozzie23

DON'T do it.