cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added call plan. Am I on a new contract?

UnclePete

Added call plan. Am I on a new contract?

I've had to add unlimited minutes for a member of my household whose surgery has closed and she's having to phone patients from home. It now looks like it might have put me on a new 18 month contract and lost me my negotiated discount. This isn't an ideal outcome, and not what I wanted at all!

It looks like my new package goes live on the 7th April, which we can live with, but are we set to get reamed for 18 months now?

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Added call plan. Am I on a new contract?

@UnclePete Let me see if I can alleviate any concern here. Two things I can clarify about call plan changes:-

1) they normally only take effect from your next monthly billing date , sounds like yours is the 7th of the month. Although some members of the PlusNet help team have the ability to initiate call plan changes immediately.

2) Call plan changes should not start a new contract and should not affect any current discounts. Having said that, there are current issues which cause the online update process to not reflect the correct price i.e dont include discounts and to incorrectly show a new contract period.

I'm sure one of the PlusNet help team will be along to confirm this and correct any errors with contract period and discounts on your account following the call plan change. Normally they would pick up this thread pretty quickly but in the current situation it make take a couple of days.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Agreed. To futher clarify specifically on call plans - effectivly they're on a one month rolling contract.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
UnclePete

Thanks to both of you. Every indication is that it's initiated a new 18 month contract, but if the online process is known to give quasi-duff info I'll sit it out and see what happens. Thanks.