cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons to my account

DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

Add-ons to my account

I have had the Caller Protection add-on to my account for well over 2 years now and got this new contract a few months ago as I had trouble with the last router and was told this add-on would be activated and still waiting for it to be activated and while I am waiting for the activation I can  not make any changes to my account even if I wanted to does anyone else have this same problem as I have which this means I have no protect over the cold callers I get some claiming to be from my service provider yet PlusNet will not activate this protection meaning no blocking and I am supposed have caller blocking which is a waste of time as I have to call a number then go through a menu then I have to input the number then I have to block it waste of space it is yet PlusNet wont activate this feature for me even though it is free anyone help me with it as PlusNet wont? Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Add-ons to my account

Hope you're doing well, thank you for reaching out on our Community Forum.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by your Plusnet Call Protect service not being activated. I've had a look into the account and can see that this has become stuck in our systems.

I've raised a task with our Billing Operations Team to have this matter resolved.

We should hopefully have this matter resolved by the middle of next week. I'll let you know this has been completed, and once the service has been activated.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

It still doesn't help me that still stuck so I can not change anything even if I wanted to but this has gone on for over 2 years and enough is enough I had a blocking number to call to block numbers but forgot what it is but I wont phone that every time I get a cold call from anyone and the Fraud Squad doesn't help either so sick of contacting them as well never get any feed back from the police reporting them sick of this now may look for something easier to block peoples calls as I can not see this Caller Protect working that is if it gets activated at all not holding my breath for it. Not happy at all.

HarleyQuinzel
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch and I hope you are well.

After reviewing your account, I can confirm my colleague Adam has taken personal ownership of the issue to ensure this is resolved.

We are awaiting a further update from our Billing Operations team and are expecting an update by the end of the day on the 08/06/21.

Please rest assured, Adam will continue to monitor your account and will contact you with any further updates.

All the best

- Beth

Bethany
 Plusnet Help Team
DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

just looked at my perks again and it is still saying Caller Protection awaiting activation again this is getting beyond a joke now may as well just cancel it seen this wont allow me to BLOCK NUMBERS just let me see them and send them to voicemail only wont stop them calling.

DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

Oh for crying out loud can't anyone get anything right at PlusNet now my Caller Protection has been take off this is really beyond a joke now got nothing on it I can use at all taken my voicemail and caller protection off tell you what keep them I will find somewhere else to get things right obviously no-one at PlusNet can do things I want beyond a bloody joke wait over 2 years for this feature and you take away from me pathetic service gone well down in my estimation now has PlusNet been praising it for all this time and now nothing but [-Censored-]-ups.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @DJGAZZA_1

I can assure you that from my end, the task to get this sorted for you was raised correctly, though I'm really not sure what our Billing Operations Team have done here, I can see that voicemail appears to have been removed incorrectly. I've now placed the order to have it reactivated on your line, which will be complete by the end of the day. I've also enabled "choose to divert" on the line, as this will be required for Plusnet Call Protect to work.

I'll continue to monitor this on a daily basis until the matter has been fully resolved. Please refrain from raising multiple open complaint on your Member Centre in the meantime as this issue is already being addressed on an open ticket, which you can access by clicking here

Note - you may need to be logged into your Member Centre on another tab for this to work.

Adam
DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

This Caller Protection is a waste of time and space no point in having it seen as I have to phone that number then input the nuisance callers number in every time they phone me and when they do phone it is a different number every time and upto now they have phoned about 8 times so if you think I am phoning the number I was given and then follow those instructions think again this is a total waste of time and effort to do that it is exactly the say as CALL BLOCKING not a very good service that don't know why you have to have something like this as people get older they just want simple things and this is nowhere near simple sorry to say this but PlusNet has gone way down in my estimation now I wont be adding anything else because of what people have to do just to block or divert nuisance callers I've had enough of it now and with my speed dropping again and nowhere where I can get into my router seen as there is no IP Address on it just a Hub Manager Password and this is supposed to be a new router got it earlier this year and my speed dropped to less than 9Mbps yesterday then picked to 13Mbps and I use BT Wholesale testing site which is what BT use we used t get about 47Mbps so where has the speed gone?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning @DJGAZZA_1

Thanks for reaching out again. There are two main issues outlines above so I'll address each of them perseverate.

Plusnet Call Protect - We do try our best to keep known nuisance callers blocked, however as you said, they do tend to change their number each time. What you're referring to above is your own personal blacklist, which correct, you do need to maintain yourself. Please check out the open ticket on your account where my colleague has suggested signing up to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) which can help in removing your number from databases involved in cold calling.

Technical Issues - I'm sorry to hear that you're having technical issues with your service, although tests on the line this morning have not picked up on any major problems with the line. As you'll see on my GEA test below, the line appears to be stable, and is syncing at 55.0 Mbps. to preserve stability though, we're capping this at 53Mbps internally.

Are you able to run a wired speed test and let us know what you're getting? Also, I'd suggest going through our basicTroubleshooting Guide to ensure that that there's nothing intenral that might be affecting your connection.

I've also let your case handler know that you've been in touch on our Community Forum, they'll get back to you when they're next able to.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 55.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 605.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-07-31T11:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 55.0 Mbps 55.0 Mbps 55.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
 Adam
DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

Where do you get 55Mbps this line can't get any more than 50Mbps and that was BT Openreach when they put this line in so that means I am paying for a speed I will never have not without having full fibre optic broadband put it my current speed is at 42Mbps which is much better than the less than 9Mbps I was getting plus still can not get any access to y router as there is no IP Address on it but a Hub Management password nothing else.

DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

Keep this so called Caller Protection I will never use it having to do so much just to block numbers thought this was supposed to help customers I am 59 now and I will never use this rubbish having to do all that just to stop 1 number and the people who are phoning me use a different number every time I will not do that it is complete and utter waste of time and space having this on my account I just want something where I can either just press 1 button or something like my mobile phone where I just block a number not go all over the place had enough of it now it is just the same with your call blocker.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Thanks for getting back to us @DJGAZZA_1.

I can confirm the 55Mbps download we've seen is the speed currently being recorded at your router. Although you may have been advised of slower estimates previously, it could be due to infrastructure upgrades and improvements that the higher speeds are now being achieved.
the 42Mbps download you've advised you're seeing your side, is this over a wired or wireless devices? I ask as wireless interference could explain the difference between the sync speed we're seeing and the speeds you're testing at if on wireless.
I'd advise then, running a speed test on a wired connection whilst there's no other devices or applications using the connection at the time to get a clear reading of what speeds are reaching you.

If you're needing to log into the router to cahnge settings or details then this can be done via the below steps:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser on a device connected to the rotuer and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

I'm sorry to hear the Plusnet Call Protect isn't something you're seeing a benefit from. Please note however that this free call feature is solely there to help customers manage and reduce the amount of spam calls received and although many of our customers see a benefit we can appreciate it's not for everyone.
From your description of just pressing one button and the number being blocked, it sounds like what you're looking for may be the same thing a call blocker can offer. These are separate bought devices that plug in between your phone line and your handset and allow you to see the number calling in with usually one button to block the number trying to get through.
I'd recommend then looking into call blockers as this may help further in handling and hopefully reducing the unsolicited calls you're receiving.

I hope this helps.

DJGAZZA_1
Hooked

I know what speed I have and it definitely is not 55Mbps and as for Caller Protection it is the worst thing I have ever added to my account along with call blocker I will never use either of them so no point in them been on my account yet nobody seems to grasp the idea of taking them off like I asked not happy at all.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that @DJGAZZA_1

I can only report what I can see in terms of the speeds on your line. As I sai previously, if you're seeing lower speeds on your end, please refer to our Troubleshooting Guide, and if that does not resolve the issue, pop a note on the open Ticket on your account for your case handler to see.

While you're on the open Ticket, pop a note on there too advising that you want Plusnet Call Protect removed and we'll get this sorted for you, no problem at all.

Adam