cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation charge

witty

Activation charge

I ordered a new package with PN the other day.  The sales person said I had a line so could connect  very quickly.  It turns out the line is not connected so an engineer will need to be sent out to connect.  The date for this is the 11th Feb 2011.  We be end of Feb before I get broadband.  I asked how much PN charge and they said £49.99 for the connection.  Point 1.  I was not told this when I started or the possibility of it.  Point 2 I cannot  find any reference to this charge on the site anywhere, it certinaly is not obvious.  BT would only charge me £29.99 and with talk talk at the moment it is free with certain packages.  I have tried to cancel my order via the messages system,  they say they cannot cancel and order this way.  I have to ring the options team, only open during office hours,  I have a mobile obviously and was kept waiting my customers services for @ 10 mins for them to tell me this,  at 25p per minute.  I can write and cancel but what stops PN saying they have not recieved the letter.  I cannot understand why they seem to want to make things difficult it only gets customers backs up and more determined to leave and tell others that they poor.
3 REPLIES 3
Bruce47
Grafter

Re: Activation charge

BT have an 18 month contract for the £29.99 offer, otherwise it is £127.99.  You also have to make 10 chargeable call per month.  Plusnet have a 10 day contract period on home phone and no requirement to make these calls.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi witty,
I'll take a look at this for you though I don't think we'd be able to bring the installation date forward I'm afraid. Are there phone sockets in your house? If so, could you plug a phone into one of them and if there's a dial tone rin 17070?
If there's a stopped line there that number should tell you the number of the line, which we'll be able to pass on and get reconnected for you. Hopefully there will be one, PM me the number if there is and I'll get onto it.
Hope that helps,
johpal
Grafter

@witty
You send your letter by recorded delivery (1st or 2nd class); a signature is then obtained by the Post Office upon receipt of the letter. The recipient cannot then deny they have received the letter. I used it too, when I left PN.