cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating phone line

rhoderick1888

Activating phone line

I have a broadband and calls package that was put on hold until I moved into a new house. Having moved into the new house there is a phone point and line however they are inactive. When I phoned Plusnet I was told that the line was active however the number I got for the active line is in fact the number for the phoneline for the house next door, as the 2 houses are joint and used to be one big house. Having spoke to my neighbour from what I can gather my line used to be the main line for the house when it was one but it was redirected to his house when split into 2, rendering mine inactive(complicated I know!). Does this mean I need to get a new line installed or the existing one re-activated? How much will these 2 options cost?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Activating phone line

When I phoned Plusnet I was told that the line was active however the number I got for the active line is in fact the number for the phoneline for the house next door, as the 2 houses are joint and used to be one big house.

Does this mean I need to get a new line installed or the existing one re-activated? How much will these 2 options cost?

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure one of the Digital Care Team will be along tomorrow to pick this up. I think you're going to need an expert here!. This has potential for BT to make a complete 'pigs ear' of it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI rhoderick1888
I'll see what I can find out and let you know when I have more information.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi  rhoderick1888,
Thanks for your time this morning. As your property was previously a single dwelling that has been split into 2, you need to advise royal mail of the new addresses. Their number is  08457 740 740. Don't hesitate to get back to me or call our house moves team should you require more information on 0800 432 0200.
Jojo Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

See I said you needed an expert and along came JoJo, she'll sort it. Smiley
you need to advise royal mail of the new addresses

So do RM then advise BT, JoJo ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Why do I have a really nasty feeling about this  Roll_eyes
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Oldjim

Were you looking at your lunch when you made that comment, Jim? Wink
Quote from: MisterW
So do RM then advise BT, JoJo ?

What happens is the system where we order from have to show the addresses or we can't place any orders. I'm not exactly sure whether RM advise them or they just get updated lists periodically, but if there's a registered RM address that's not on their system then we can get it added and proceed. It's not always that simple when it's the other way around, as in this case.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Joanne
Quote from: Oldjim
Were you looking at your lunch when you made that comment, Jim? Wink
Dorset Blue Vinney and crackers
http://www.houseofcheese.co.uk/acatalog/info_69.html
Only one farm in the country still makes this cheese: Woodbridge Farm near Sturminster Newton. Legend suggests that the cheese was originally blued by dunking old boots and mouldy harness in the milk. The milk itself is skimmed and therefore the fat content of this cheese is only 15 per cent. Traditionally, Blue Vinney was taken to London for sale by Dorset farmers because Londoners "were the only ones daft enough to buy it"! This cheese varies quite a lot in colour and can look different to our picture. Sometimes there are brown patches in addition to the blueing. It's what you get with a handmade artisan product but the taste is always good.