cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Voicemail Extra

Fjharvey

Activating Voicemail Extra

I first ordered Voicemail Extra in July 2018. The order hung with no action for weeks. Since September I have been trying to get someone at Plusnet to sort this out. I have raised questions, had the question closed without me knowing, and had to raise another ticket after another live chat. The facility is now available on my landline but the link mobile number that I am asked to confirm is the landline number!!. 020 is not a mobile number. There is no option to change this link number. I think Plusnet is great, but Voicemail Extra seems to be its weakest link. I need this facility to know if an elderly relative has rung and left a message. There seems to be no sense of urgency from Plusnet to sort this out.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Activating Voicemail Extra

Hi @Fjharvey,

I'm very sorry for the length of time that it took to get Voicemail Extra added to your account and for the inconvenience caused. I've passed on feedback regarding your poor experience here.

It's disappointing to hear that it's now not allowing to set your mobile number and is giving your landline number instead. Please can you try changing it via the following steps :

From within the main menu, press 2, press 6, then enter the mobile number followed by #. The following options are then available:

• Use that number - Press 1
  • Enter different number - Press 2

Please let us know if you have already tried this or if this doesn't resolve the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Fjharvey

Thanks. It does not give me the option of giving my mobile number. On pressing option 2, then 6 it goes straight to “please press 1 to confirm your mobile number is 020...,,,,,, or hang up immediately”. There is no option to enter the number. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm making a change to the call feature, could you try after about an hour letting us know how it goes please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Fjharvey

There has been no change. It only allows me to confirm my mobile number, or to hang up immediately. As the mobile number given is my landline, this will obviously not work. Please could you resolve this? Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

I've asked a experienced colleague to look into this to see what can be done

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Fjharvey

This issue has still not been fixed. As of yesterday, there was no facility to leave a message, and the phone just rang and rang. I have now recorded a personal 'busy' message. When I press option 2 and option 6, it still asks me to confirm my mobile number and then provides my landline number. Can't you change this in the system? You provide both my landline and my mobile phone service. At this rate I shall be moving all my phone services away from Plusnet as it has taken 6 months for you to take this seriously. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear that @Fjharvey, with call features we can only really place the order for the call feature and although it looks like this was changed a couple of times, for the most part it has been the correct call feature (It looks like it was changed back a forth amongst some similar features a few times when you advised part of the functionality wasn't working)

I've raised this with our suppliers to look in to further to try and figure out why you're unable to update the number to receive sms notifications when voicemails are received.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet