cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Up To Date but Calls Barred?

helliewm

Account Up To Date but Calls Barred?

My account is paid up tp date. I have used none of my £75 credit limit. Yet my calls are barred and routed to Credit Control? I have phoned Plusnet twice this week who have confirmed the account is up to date and told the bar will be limited by BT tomorrow. I have today raised a Support Question to which I have received no response. I have been without the phone all week and resent paying for some I cannot use. Its just appalling service. 
12 REPLIES 12
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Account Up To Date but Calls Barred?

This call baring lark is bloody dangerouse. If someone with serious health problems needs to dail a number urgently for help it could cost them theitr lives. All because PlusNet do not trust their customers to pay up.
helliewm

In my case the account is paid up to date!!! This has been confirmed by Plusnet. Received wrong info twice when I phoned them. Their email yesterday says they hope to unbar the line soon!  I have used 523 of my 600 O2 minutes. I have asked for compensation. Tomorrow if the phone does not work I will be emailing giving them 24 hours to fix t or I shall be saying its breach of contract and request by MAC code.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm very sorry about this, and assure you we're looking in to how and why it happened.
I'm glad to see that the order to remove this has now completed, though it shouldn't have been necessary.
helliewm

Matt I am really not happy you are currently in breach of contract and unless this situation is resolved by 9 am tomorrow I am cancelling my contract and requesting my MAC Code. So far I have used 572 of my o2 minutes. I also want to know what compensation I will be getting its now over 10 days I am still without a land line!!!
helliewm

What the hell is going on? You have emailed to say my phone is ready to use but there is a charge of £49? See previous comment I require compensation.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Please ignore the email regarding the £49 charge, this has appeared on the account because the component has had to be removed and re-added in order to allow calls to be made. I'm not sure why the order was delayed however am investigating this and will update shortly, though unfortunately if payment is made on a weekend any orders due won't take effect until the next working day due to our suppliers' working hours.
I'm afraid the delay was due to our supplier not notifying that the original request to remove the barring had been rejected in this case. I'll put some further details on a ticket on your account.
helliewm

Posting this in forum to make others aware of the issue if they are having similar issues as I have been without a land line for 10 days. I am not impressed I have been offered approx £6 compensation for being without a land line for over 10 days when Plusnet have been in breach of contract.  I am not aware that I need to ignore the £49.99 charge however that again really is NOT good enough its very bad communication.  My response to Matt
"Absolutely NOT good enough that amounts to approx £6 compensation.You really are having a laugh! To summarise I have been given wrong information twice when I phoned., I have been without a land line for over 10 days and notified as soon as I realised there was an issue only to receive wrong information, twice! I have used 572 of 600 O2 mins, you yourselves have been in breach of contract by failing to provide me with a service and to an insult to injury I then get informed by phone is back on but with a charge of £49.99. If necessary I will issue a County Court Summons for breach of contract and compensation. " 
helliewm

A quick calculation my actual costs are probably around £45. If I factor in my time dealing with this at least 1 1/2 hours. My billable rate is £75 an hour for work on a self employed basis.  To file a summons on line £25 this is an extremely viable route to go down especially in view of the fact there is a breach of contract.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm afraid I'm not qualified to address anything legally but will happily exchange the three months half price discount currently on the account for two months at 100% discount. I can't offer anything further I'm afraid. I do apologise about the notification and the fact that the call barring wasn't removed in as timely a fashion as it should have been.
I also apologise that you've had to use the inclusive minutes on your mobile deal however the land line usage since activation hasn't been particularly heavy.
If you do wish to pursue this any further you can find details on our complaints procedure here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
helliewm

No Matt initially it was not heavy as I work away from home. However in the last fortnight may Mother has been diagnosed with cancer and my usage is heavy sorting it out and trying to get a tertiary hospital referral. Looks like I will have to pursue through the small claims courts and issue a summons.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just tried giving you a ring on your landline telephone number, but unfortunately there was no answer.
Could you please drop me a PM with a suitable number to call you on?
Thanks,
James
helliewm

PM sent James with best times to call. Apologies I am in and out trying to sort my Mother out.