cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to be cut off

jen
Dabbler

About to be cut off

Before opting for Plusnet home broadband and phone i specifically asked if there would be any interruption to my service...was told no...a seamless transfer.
Today i recieved an email telling me my Plusnet broadband was live..great..decent speeds even at offset.
The next mail from Plusnet told me
'We've placed the order to transfer your line to Plusnet. Orders usually take around 10 working days to complete. We'll be in touch again to confirm the date your line will be transferred.'

I've just recieved an email from o2 informing me
Your last day of service for O2 Home Broadband and home phone will be 13/07/2010
So i phoned Plusnet asking if they had got it wrong...no it's correct...phone service wont start for at least up to 10 days...latest target date 27th of this month!
According to Plusnet i provided o2 with a mac code so services should just transfer not stop...phone should stay connected until transfer.
According to o2 this is not so...i had a broadband and home phone package so when broadband is transferred the service stops phone line as well! Nothing they can do about it!
So...Plusnet can't do anything neither can o2...looks like i'm going to be without internet or home phone for at least 10 days after tonight.
Has anyone else transferred from o2 and had this kind of problem!
I work from home so it's the equivalent of taking ten days off without pay...i'm so angry i could burst...if i had know this would happen i would have made sure phone was sorted first!
What makes me fume is that i specifically asked about any interuptions to my services!
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: About to be cut off

O2 reckon they can do nothing about it as it's too late - but I bet if you told them you were cancelling the migration it wouldn't be too late! It seems to be the policy of some providers to victimise people if they have the temerity to leave.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

ust found this in O2's T & C's
5.7 O2 Home Phone is only available to customers who continue to have O2 Home
Broadband. If you request a MAC key to change broadband supplier it will be used as
your notice of termination for broadband. However, if the MAC key is used by another
broadband provider and if you do not provide notice under clause 5.4, the date that the
MAC key was used will be taken to be the date that we received your notice of
termination for Home Phone under clause 5.4(a). Once your O2 Home Broadband
services have been terminated we’ll give you 30 days notice after which your O2 Home
Phone Services will be terminated and clause 5.4 will apply.

That's really confusing... do they take your MAC as the 7 day notice under section 5.4(a) or do they give you 30 days after your Broadband migration as in the last sentence ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jen
Dabbler

I've been checking through the o2 T&S and can't find that anywhere Mister W. by reading that i take it to be the 30 days notice though!
I have been on the phone to them ( different person every hour) trying to see if the phone service can be extended 'til Plusnet take over the line but the answer is no no no no!
A load of twaddle about the line having to be clear for Plusnet to take over etc...and no explanation as to why they cannot extend the same courtesy to Plusnet as was given to them when they took over from my previous provider.
Just another e-mail
We're really sorry to hear that you've decided to leave us, thanks for letting us know. Your last day of service for O2 Home Broadband and home phone will be 13/07/2010 - we'll start sorting it out straight away.
Obviously, once you're disconnected you'll no longer be able to use our home phone or broadband.

After speaking to Plus net again it seems my services will all have to be re-started once my line goes dead...and how long that will take  ????Huh
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I've been checking through the o2 T&S and can't find that anywhere Mister W

It's in the O2 Home Phone T & C's here :- http://www.o2.co.uk/assets2/pdf/HomePhone_terms_2010.pdf

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi Jen,
To me, it sounds like O2 have made an error.
The line transfer order is there there, completing on July 27th.  Whilst that's in place, they wouldn't be able to cease your line, as there's already an active order.
Given their home phone is a new service, it sounds like one of their systems might not be reporting on cancellations properly - I'd give them a ring to confirm.