cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Conflict

malin

ADSL Conflict

Hello

I have a problem with my ADSL filter which will not operate correctly when both the phone and the router cables are connected to it. I have a plusnet router. The problem seems to have arisen since I changed my home phone, a Binatone cordless to a Panasonic cordless KXTGC220ES.

When this was plugged into the filter together with the router cable then the phone ceased to work. It could neither make nor receive calls. When I plugged the phone directly into the master socket it worked fine. The phone also works fine when plugged into the filter when the router cable has been removed. The router connection works fine whether the phone is plugged in or not. 

The master socket is an openreach BT master socket 5C.

I have tried to address this issue by trying a number of filters but with the same result. I have also replaced the Panasonic phone with a BT 3570 cordless. But the result is still the same. 

So I would appreciate any help out there to try and resolve this problem

Thank you

Kieran

Netgear router N300 

3 REPLIES 3
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: ADSL Conflict

I suggest you remove the front cover from the Master socket. You will now be able to see the test socket behind. Repeat all your checks plugging into the test socket. This should allow you to tell if the problem is caused by the front cover or not.

malin

Hi  Thanks for your response. In fact the problem has now been resolved by trying yet another ADSL filter. Conflict has gone.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know, 

I thought the issue was with the filter when reading your first post. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team