Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A technical question . . .

Javert
Grafter

A technical question . . .

. . . well, it's technical for me!  Huh
Later this year (24th October actually), the phone contract I’m on with BT ends (thank goodness!).  I will be signing up with you for the “Evenings & weekends” deal.  How soon can I notify you of this, as I would like to get away from BT as soon after that date as possible?
I also want to change my B/B from Option 2 to Option 1 now that its Usage Allowance has doubled.  This will be ample for me with the “free allowance” pre 8a.m - sadly, I’m an early morning person.  Sad
Both changes could happen at the same time.  If this is the case, would I be entitled to have the BB part of the deal at £6.99 for 12 months? 
Thanks
John
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable

Re: A technical question . . .

Looks like you are wanting the new Broadband Essential product which is 1GB so if you want extra you will need to pay £1 per GB pre-booked or £1.25 if not. Also, bear in mind that this one requires a 12 month contract. The £9.99 Homephone component only includes free calls at the weekend and additional call charges are slightly higher than if you just have the traditional Homephone E/W plus Option 1.
It just needs a few sums doing, bearing in mind your telephone and broadband usage.
With regards to transfer, when your one year with BT is finished, you only have to click on the appropriate button in the Member Centre and PN look after the transfer (nothing for you to do) and it should be up and running within 2 weeks.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Javert
. ......., as I would like to get away from BT as soon after that date as possible?

You are only changing the billing company, BT will still be supplying your telecomms  Smiley
Javert
Grafter

Quote from: itsme

You are only changing the billing company, BT will still be supplying your telecomms  Smiley

I had managed to work that bit out – but only just!  Grin
I just want to get out of dealing directly with them as a company.  The current “package” I’m on was, in my opinion, a con - which I fell for!  Other issues with them, going back a couple of years, have not been resolved.  Dealing with them is like banging your head against a brick wall – but not quite so painful.  Cheesy
John
Javert
Grafter

Thanks poppy for the info – obviously, it’s not as straight-forward as I thought it was (nothing ever is!).  Finding information on here rather confusing (or perhaps it’s just that I’m easily confused!) – e.g. the HomePhone Evenings & Weekends deal @ £9.99 isn’t the same as the HomePhone part of the Broadband & phone deal – with BB @ £6.99 (12-month contract.
Think I’ll have to go back to the drawing board and the search engine – to see what other options are available. Sad
Emma
Grafter

The new broadband essential package is homephone with JUST weekend calls, then it has the broadband on top with 1Gb of inclusive usage. Extra usage is £1 per Gb if you prepay and £1.25 if you go over the usage and it gets added automatically. You can only get this type of home phone service on the essential package.
Evening and weekends is £9.99 a month then you have the broadband option of your choice.
Javert
Grafter

Thanks.  Looks as though it'll be BB from +net - with the phone from elsewhere! 

coastergrotto
Grafter

I think you should reconsider.    I switched to Home Phone evenings and weekends with Plusnet and I'm also on BBYW Option 3.  One of the big plusses with regards to Plusnet is their excellent customer service plus this great Forum where you can get speedy responses to your problems.
My own personal opinion is that Plusnet are definitely customer orientated and always try to do their best to solve any problem you might encounter.
Not applicable

Javert - I would agree with coastergrotto having had PN Homephone for coming up to two years and have never regretted it. It's good to know exactly what the bill will be (no nasty surprises) and I don't have to worry about the cost of any calls that I make.
Have only had one telephone problem in that time (an exchange problem and nothing to do with PN) and I could not fault the customer service.
Homephone faults are prioritised on the menu - just press the correct number and you are straight through. No messing about waiting in queue to be passed to someone in another country. In this case, I was texted with an update within a few hours of the original complaint and it was repaired by BT within approximately 12 hours.
It is really a case of doing the sums, but it is always good to take into account service too.
Javert
Grafter

Thanks coastergrotto and poppy – your comments are greatly appreciated – and, of course, your comments about the importance of Customer Service are – Very Important!  My phone usage is roughly 60% evenings/weekends – the rest day-time.
So, it looks as though it’s going to be +net Evening and Weekend phone deal + BBYW Option 1 – now that it’s “allowance” has doubled!  Cool
Can’t wait to switch in October!
Thanks!
John  Smiley