Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few installation questions

sjb2016
Grafter

A few installation questions

Hi,
I've been a Plus.net broadband subscriber for a few months.  Recently, we have moved house (keeping old connection at old house as it is father-in-law's house), and we are having Plus.net install a phone line and supply broadband services at the new place.  Two questions.  Is the phone line a BT phoneline?  It doesn't really matter as we'll be using Plus.net for broadbandand phone, but if at  in 12 months there is a brilliant offer somewhere else, can the line that Plus.net installs be used for ADSL service from another company?  Second, is it possible to have the broadband and phone installed at the same time?  It seems not, according to the sales department the phone line must be installed first and then broadband will begin 5 to 10 days later.  Why is that?  Does this have something to do with Open Reach?  Anyway, just curious, but maybe one of the super helpful Plus.net people on the board can tell me the secret words to get everything installed once  Wink
Thanks for your responses. 
Sam
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: A few installation questions

Hi there,
Do you have a ticket reference for the new account? I assume the account linked to your community profile is the one that's going to remain at your father-in-laws as there's no line installation details on there.
sjb2016
Grafter

Not exactly sure what that is, but does this one fit the bill:  19182233  ?
The new account is under the user name sambrown2016    .  No points for guessing my name. 
Regards,
Sam
Mand
Grafter

Right, I've checked this out and spoken with the necessary people at Openreach.
Basically, we thought we might be able to restart an existing line, so we placed a standard start order (which normally only takes a couple of days) and then expected to be able to place a broadband order (which typically takes 5 working days).
However, it turns out the line has been fully disconnected, so Openreach changed it to a new line install (which takes around 10 days, hence the date of the 10th). Now, we could cancel that and place a simultaneous order (which would give you broadband at the same time), however the next appointment in the schedule is the 24th, so you'll be quicker to leave the current order and then have the broadband order placed afterwards.
Re your other question, yes it's a BT Wholesale line, so you could move it to another provider in the future if you wish, though of course we're hoping you won't want to. Wink