cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9th day without phone or broadband

notdoneproud

9th day without phone or broadband

I have been without access since the morning of 29th March, numerous to-ing and fro-ing between CS but still nothing.

Plusnet appear to be blaming Openreach for the delay, but I find this difficult to believe that they cannot get an engineer to my house in 9 days to fix a line fault.

Is this type of delay common?

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: 9th day without phone or broadband

O/Reach provide the line to your property, but such a long delay will be outside normal delivery expectations.

A bit later try using PN's CHAT service and press for more feedback on a resolution.
Under recent OFCOM changes you're entitled to following, from BT's website:
•Compensation will be due if you experience a total loss of service which isn’t fixed by 11.59pm on the second working day after the fault is reported
•We'll pay you £8 for each day, after the two working days, that the service isn't fixed
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Gel Why would the OP be entitled to something quoted on a BT website?

PN although owned by BT operate independently and have yet to implement OFCOM's suggested policy.

notdoneproud

I raised a chat session with PN, which wasn't much use to be honest.

I asked them to "escalate" the problem, to which the answer was:

"I need a chance to look into the issue without just 'escalating it' as it might not need escalating"

To which I replied: 9 days without service may not need escalating?

At this point, and detecting some attitude from PN, I ended the session after being advised this was being passed to a faults agent and someone will get back to me.

notdoneproud

This appeared in my PN account earlier today, can anyone translate this into English:

I have checked in my system and there is also a manual fault raised on this where it is a part of common fault which is linked with the lead task i.e. MR0HHG92 and the job is sitting with the contractors for duct work and ERT is set for 10/04 by EOD.

Also says question is on hold until 11/04/19!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It sounds like there is a physical fault stopping anyone being able to provide a telephone service to your home, and that digging and replacing cable is needed. But not just to your home.

Some background information may help, I presume you don't have a current working phone line? Have you recently moved?

notdoneproud

It could probably be this has caused the problem:

https://twitter.com/JTedFischer/status/1111632479935479810/photo/1

This happened a few minutes walk from my house, but the day BEFORE I lost access.

If this is the cause, Openreach should be more specific and actually give the reason.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @notdoneproud,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this fault with your services. As you've posted earlier on in this thread, there is currently a manual fault open with our suppliers who are working to resolve your issue as soon as possible, with a further update expected at the end of the day today.

Though the sinkhole near your house may have occurred a day before the phoneline went down, it's possible that work relating to the fixing of the road may have caused a knock on effect which could potentially be the reason why your services are currently down. At this stage we can't confirm if that's necessarily the case or not, but it is worth bearring in mind when dealing with this fault as it may explain the length of time it's taken so far to carry out work towards the resolution.

I would like to offer my apologies for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you and I can see that the matter is currently being monitored by our faults team who will be in touch once we have any further updates, however if you have any further queries or issues that you wish to raise in the meantime then please don't hesitate to get back in touch as we'll be happy to offer our assistance through the forum.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team