cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£65 charge for a fault which is resolved

Mark26

£65 charge for a fault which is resolved

Earlier this week I call plus net to advise of a fault in my phone line. They run through some tests and say there appears to be an 'external loop fault' so they will send an engineer. I agree to the charge if I cancel within 48 hours. Tonight I try my phone and find it is now working. So I contact plus net and they say I will be charge £65 for cancelling with less than 48 hours notice. The fact there was a fault when I booked it which is now resolved is not relevant apparently. I am wrong in thinking this does not make sense?
5 REPLIES 5
TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: £65 charge for a fault which is resolved

It does not make any sense especially as Plusnet confirmed there was a fault.  There could be many reasons why the fault is no longer there.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

You are correct in thinking that it makes no sense at all. You didn't cancel - you informed Plusnet that the fault had somehow cleared. It happens, due to any number of reasons.

Openreach may well charge Plusnet for a "cancelled" (ie not now required) appointment - that's for Plusnet to challenge if they wish.

The fault ticket will have recorded the fact that there WAS a loop fault on the line. No way should they be passing any "cancellation" fees to you.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Mark26,

While it's possible the charge may be deemed as applicable by our suppliers, this isn't something we'd be able to put a 100% confirmation on at this stage as we won't have received a report from our suppliers with engineer charges for faults raised so recently.

The best advice I can give at this point is to simply wait to see if you receive confirmation of the charge being applied to your account as we'd be more than happy to review this at that stage.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to discuss this with a manager and see if we can waive the fee, but we wouldn't be able to do that until it's produced on the account.

So to avoid coming to an agreement on that now and then potentially having the charge be produced on the account anyway, it would be best to simply wait, as it may not even be a discussion that is required if we don't receive confirmation from our suppliers that they're going to impose a charge.

Do let us know if the charge is produced on your account, and I'd be more than happy to pick this back up at that time.

I hope this helps, and I do apologise for any confusion caused by the discussion with the previous advisor.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mark26

Hi Harry,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. I have just received notification of a £65 charge and I am a bit more confused because it does not say I phoned to cancel too late it says an engineer did come anyway and could not get access. I was not in because the fault had resolved it's self and I notified customer service as per my original post.

If you are able to help me resolve this I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Mark
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Mark26

I have replied back to you via a ticket on your account. Click here to view my response.

Please let us know once you've responded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team