Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 minutes and counting...

Mav
Fixes: 515

60 minutes and counting...

Not a complaint... just a question.
Why, with the free calls package, is there a limit of 60 minutes with the option of redialling again immediately?
My only thought on this is that some people may be caught out by not watching the clock adding a cost to the otherwise 'free' call.
But, I would expect that most are savvy and do simply hung up just before the 60 minutes and redial. So, isn't it about time this limit was dropped?
If I remember correctly some companies already have dropped this limit (Virgin?).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: 60 minutes and counting...

I suspect it might date back to the days of hooking up two sites with modems - if you had to disconnect every 60 minutes then you couldn't use an "unlimited" package for dial up access etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

£1 kitchen timer set to 50 minutes does the job.
I usually initiate the call on the hour, which gives an easy indication of Time passed.
And....
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112394.msg963608.html#msg963608
Mav
Fixes: 515

Forgot about that thread Embarrassed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

My GF & myself used to be on Orange, with a plan that gave us 30 minutes of "free" calls per day.
I seem to remember the plan cost £15 pcm.
We used to phone each other every evening, and 30 minutes x 2 was just about right.  Kiss Kiss
Then..............
For no extra cost........... Orange increased the "free" daily allowance to 50 minutes per day.
Now, we did find it hard to fill 50 minutes x 2, even 50 minutes was stretching it a bit at times !  Cool