cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Weeks now without phone line fix? Totally dead - help!

james26
Grafter

Re: Week without phone line fix? Totally dead - help!

Matt
Thank you for update at 11:30. Another day gone without the phone live for them? What you and inferred BT playing out? Can not get into house next door, reroute the phone cable? Really it's that simple surely? The people next door might be away for 6 months for all we know.
They have been with you for a number of years and I know after all of this are looking into getting cable, perhaps you could offer a months free worth of phone etc, been nearly a month without anyhow!
James
james26
Grafter

To add publicly the ticket got back, below.
Sorry after 18 days is not really good enough, what do you (plus/bt) think people are suppose to do without a phone line? As i keep saying reroute the cable! Would you like me to post a photo of house to see how easy it would be? My friend is going to take this matter to OFFCOM in the morning if you don't get a time for the fix.

"I am sorry for the lack of updates recently, and also for the fact I cannot provide a better update at this moment in time.
I have spoken to Openreach this morning and I have someone chasing this up the pole tester and the field engineer. I have been advised that I can expect more information after 2pm, so I will keep an eye on this and get back to you as soon as an update is available.
I have also sent an escalation request to see if we can this moving a little quicker, I'm just waiting to see if this has been accepted."

By the way the web for to complain is at:
http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/landfault
"provider fails to repair a fault when they say" is now a major issue, my friend not what to hear all the excuses about the 'pole' just get it fixed when you said!
BryanP
Grafter

Personally in todays day and age this is an outrage
james26
Grafter

The worst thing is my friends is a high powered surveyor, his wife is at home while he is away. I know when he get's back will take this matter a lot high than the plusnet rep's on hear, I don't what to rude to Matt etc, but he won't stand it and will make a big fuss, his already asked to get the address of MD of plusnet and office of MD of BT Group.
james. 
james26
Grafter

This was the reply on last week:

"I have checked for updates on your fault this afternoon and BT have informed me that apole tester has been assigned to survey the telegraph pole in question.
This will take place on the 15th June. We expect to have further updates on this matter within 72 hours of this time.
Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us either by replying to this ticket or calling our support team on 0800 432 0200.
You can access your account by visiting https://my.plus.net, support services are available here http://www.plus.net/support, and our community pages can be found at http://community.plus.net.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Saturday 16th June at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Phone Faults - Logged until this time. "
prichardson
Grafter

I've just checked the latest and we can confirm the escalation we raised was received an accepted.
Unfortunately the person that our suppliers needed to contact is not contactable by phone (there was no indication on why, but this is not as uncommon as you think). They have sent emails to the required people and their line managers and have advised we will receive an update by end of day on the 19th.
From what I can make out without having access to a phone myself at the moment, a pole tester was needed. Some further notes from back when I originally looked at this show this is due to Ivy growth.
Although this is not what BT use, this product gives you an indication on what this is for.
The notes suggest that the pole testing should have already been conducted, but this is why they need to contact an individual tomorrow to obtain the needed information.
james26
Grafter

Thank you for your reply.
That's wonderfull. Look why can't you/bt not just simply cut the line to that pole and use the other pole to run to house? Simple number 4 and 2 in the same road are coming from a pole in road and number 6 (this house) and 8 share a pole in back garden of number 8. The main issues that number 8, people are not at home as a 2ed home. So like i keep saying please please can you get bt to just re-route the cable over the pole in road.

james.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

If the change you propose involves your service (wires) crossing someone else's land/property it may affect the previous permission  (called wayleave) granted to BT by that land/property owner. Wayleave processing can take a while and is outside of PlusNet's control. It is up to Openreach to sort out the delivery of service. All PN can do is to follow Openreach's procedures.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
james26
Grafter

But really after 18 days this is joke and something needs to be done.
james26
Grafter

A update from plus via ticket, again I do really need to ask what is the problem 5m of phone line going up to a pole..... Someone from Plusnet needs now to phone (yes really) local BT Openreach men and ask what really is the issues. 
"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have checked with our suppliers and the escalations manager at Openreach report that they are waiting on a update from a colleague in order to progress this fault. This is expected at the close of play today. We will be back in touch when we have received that.
I understand that this issue is very frustrating for you but we can only go off the information supplied by Openreach. We will of course refund you for any down time you have experienced regarding the fault."
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

A update from plus via ticket, again I do really need to ask what is the problem 5m of phone line going up to a pole..... Someone from Plusnet needs now to phone (yes really) local BT Openreach men and ask what really is the issues. 

I'm sorry that the fault has become protracted, I'm not surprised you're unhappy, we are doing all we can and are pushing back on the escalation but we cannot pass on direct instructions as to how line repairs should be carried out. I do see the logic in why you've asked for this but as for reasons previously discussed on this thread it won't be done in that manner.
We'll continue to keep you updated on as frequent a basis as possible and we'll also make sure you are credited for the downtime experienced.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How about matching what he'd get if he was a customer of BT (your parent company)?
[quote=www.btplc.com/thegroup/regulatoryandpublicaffairs/codeofpractice/consumercodeofpractice/btresidentialcodeofpractice.pdf]As soon as you report a fault on your phone line
While you’re waiting for the fault to be repaired, you can ask us to divert all your incoming calls to another fixed or mobile number free of charge. If we do this, you can keep the diversion until we repair your service.
If your incoming calls are diverted to a mobile phone, we’ll also help with the cost of the calls you make from your mobile phone. We’ll do this automatically by taking a call allowance off your next bill. We’ll work out the call allowance by looking at the number of days you’ve been without a service.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately the same offer isn't extended to companies reselling phone lines - if call divert is applied as part of a fault, we're charged for it I'm afraid hence why we don't automatically offer it.
It can be done when a fault is raised but it's not a free service unfortunately.
james26
Grafter

Look when is this going to get fixed for my friend? A exact date and time please, you and Openreach are behaving like this is a major problem. There house is small attached town house in town. 
James.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Matt
Unfortunately the same offer isn't extended to companies reselling phone lines

That offer is from BT Retail - you get exactly the same conditions from BT Wholesale as them!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)