cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Weeks now without phone line fix? Totally dead - help!

james26
Grafter

6 Weeks now without phone line fix? Totally dead - help!

Hello,
A client of mine who is with Plusnet phone line went last Friday, with no dial tone and totally dead fault was raised with you:  
" Fault Type:No dial tone
Test Results:Fail - Fault located in local network
Description: FAULT - Battery Contact
Fault Ref:TR0000001986562 "
Also ticket number is: 56137743 "
Now plus net promised to get the phone line fully fixed by "1pm" on Wednesday, but nothing is working and your support ticket reply keep on bumping the time to a fix to another day. Is anything anyone can do?
In this day and age when the fault is located in phone exchange surely a fix can be a little faster than 7 days or I guess now 10 days as won't get anything done until monday!
james.
77 REPLIES 77
dsw
Grafter

Re: Week without phone line fix? Totally dead - help!

You may be better to give PN a call, if possible, as they'll be able to look up the fault reference there and see exactly what BT OR are playing at. You may not get a reply over the weekend on here otherwise.
james26
Grafter

OK but the reply from there ticket is below:
INTERNAL: Holding for updates.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Saturday 9th June at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Phone Faults - Logged until this time.
dick:quote
x47c
Grafter

As I recall  'Battery contact fault' is usually where tests indicate the physical copper in line is in contact with another person's line somewhere in the network.
Located in the Local Network does not necessarily mean in the exchange - it means anywhere between the exchange and the home.
dsw
Grafter

A quick Google suggests it could be related to water. Wouldn't be surprised given the amount of rain at the moment!
If they're replying tomorrow then may as well wait for their update.
james26
Grafter

Still no update from plusnet! My friend is not happy one bit.
"
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:07am, Saturday 9 Jun 2012
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 56137743 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Phone Faults - Logged pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible. "

james.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi James26,
I'll give our phone faults team a nudge and see if we can get an update for your friend.
Jojo Smiley
james26
Grafter

Please do ASAP. As a phone line is vital and I know been windy of late but this went down when not !
Thanks
James
prichardson
Grafter

Looking at the details from the engineering notes, there are essentially two faults on this line, with one of them having been cleared yesterday (battery contact).
Having corrected this, further action is needed to clear the second fault the engineer has found. Unfortunately, this requires access to the third parties property and has produced the needed A55 form (request for excavation drawings).
james26
Grafter

Thank you for looking into this.
My friend is away and is his wife who is staying in the house, been alone without a phone line is no joke! For 10+ days plus. Just relayed this message to her and say she is unhappy is a understament but perhaps you would be kind enough to call on the mobile you have on file and explain 1st hand please?
James
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

She could also ask for her phone calls to be automatically transferred to the mobile
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

But don't forget she'll have to pay for the calls (but if she'd been with BT she'd have the redirection for free).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
james26
Grafter

I think as good will plusnet, if she wants it should offer the fw for free as they were quite clear the fault will be fixed by 1pm last Thursday, using my phone to call plus!
james.
dick:quote
james26
Grafter

this is still ongoing for my friend and client! Ticket number 56137743  They have NO phone what so ever, to say they are unhappy is a understatement.
The last meaningful reply from PlusNet was:
"I have checked for updates on your fault this afternoon and BT have informed me that apole tester has been assigned to survey the telegraph pole in question. This will take place on the 15th June. We expect to have further updates on this matter within 72 hours of this time."  
And guess what still no phone line... They live in the centre of town in Cowes, in a listed building with next door very close and pole is reachable from from the road, surely if the 3rd party home owner is away or unreachable after 2 weeks BTW could/should just re route the overhead phone line which can easily be done by look of the house! Other houses in road just go from pole in road overhead to houses.
Any comments form plusnet rep please?
james.    
PS also what about plusnet offering a refund of phone line cost for a month - they have been with you for a number of years!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry about the delay in reply. One of our faults agents has just called up our suppliers to chase an update, unfortunately while the pole tester did attend his notes aren't available so that's being chased now - we've been advised that we'll have an update on that by 2pm today and are raising an escalation to get this moved on as well.
We'll update you as soon as we get anything on this.