cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 week wait

munchops

4 week wait

Is it normal to wait nearly 4 weeks for a  new phone line?
Moved house and wanted to claim low broadband package and cash back deal. So cancelled current deal '5 years' and given details of new address. Told PlusNet move day would be 31st October. Told PlusNet cannot take over the line sooner as current occupants living there.
Paid for 12 months upfront, then received text on 30th to say phone package has been cancelled???
After calling PlusNet I am being told current occupants supplier must have refused. I am told PlusNet will retry. This was successful then I am updated that phone line will be live on 3/11/14.
On 3/11/14 get message to say phone line is live. return home in lunch hour to check, still same phone number. Speak to PlusNet, says no its been took over, after work double check.No still same number.
Turns out they have taken over the wrong line and now 'know what they need to do' (thinking it only needs a person @ the exchange to repatch a cable) am now told it will be ready on the 18/11/14................
How can it be ready on the 3/11/14 but due PlusNet/BT errors I now have to wait until 18/11/14
There was no delay though in taking payment........
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 4 week wait

Hi there,
Is it normal to wait nearly 4 weeks for a  new phone line?

The honest answer is, yes it can in some cases. However as you've mentioned the order was delayed in part due to our mistake.
Really sorry about that.
Please see ticket 94310598 which I've added to your account (you can see this at http://contacus.plus.net) which mentions that I've passed on some feedback and outlines a good will gesture we'd like to offer you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
munchops

Received test message to say account was now live yesterday evening. Connected Router, flashing green broadband light, logged into router no DSL. Checked phone no dial tone. Changed Filter same, had phone connected direct to wall & through filter no dial tone.
Called PlusNet 8:30pm took 30 mins to get through after giving log in details operative said they had no idea the reason and that they need BT Openreach to test line in the morning when they start @ 08:30am.
Ongoing from 25/10/14. Can we please find out what is going on
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm sorry to see the problems continue.
Since raising this post, our faults team have reported the issue to BTOR for you. The estimate for the fix is Friday, I've seen these be sorted quicker and take longer. If it isn't fixed by Friday evening, we can chase it for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We've had notification that the telephone fault has been resolved. Could you please test all services and let me know should any further issues occur?
I've sent a text that you can reply to if you find issues are ongoing.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team