cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 months and still no phone line connected

oultonpark

4 months and still no phone line connected

BT = crap company ...... period. Angry
Yet again BT have failed to fit my phone line ! i have waited for 4 months and have had visits from BT who have come to fit a line that already exists into my home ! the problem has been looked at by a BT planning engineer who i spoke to in the street on the day of his visit to ask how he was going to provide a line to the pole which is connected to my line,he told me he was going to get the connection by re-routing a neighbouring line to another pole which would then free up a line at our pole thus giving us the connection we have waited months for.
All appeared to be on track when we got an email confirming this intended work and then a date when it was going to take place,however alarm bells started to ring when i got an automated message asking to confirm the appointment date which had now changed from the 23rd to the 25th.
Today an engineer from RJ QUINNS calls me on my mobile asking if i was in at 11 o'clock ,(strange, when my appointment wasn't due until this afternoon ) he then turns up expecting to fit my line into the house from the pole ! this had been done by their company months ago.
Why have BT sent this job out again (3rd time) as a installation ? Why has this happened again after they sent their own BT planning engineer out to the fit site to resolve the problem with finding a feed to the pole.
I understand its not your fault ,however i feel its your duty to sort this problem without any further delay to get BT to carry out the work required on my behalf ,I am not prepared to wait another month for a new appointment .I demand that this is resolved today.

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Re: 4 months and still no phone line connected

Hi oultonpark,
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you've had here. I am more than happy to take a look into this issue for you first thing tomorrow morning?
Realistically, we're at 19:00 and I can't promise that this will be resolved today. If you'd like to speak to somebody tonight, then you can call our Technical Team on 0800 432 0200 or alternatively I can investigate this for you tomorrow morning and I can give you a call then?
Let me know if I can help any further.
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
oultonpark

Thanks for your reply Chris,i would be grateful if you could investigate this situation for me .
Its beyond a joke that BT turn up to do a new install for the 3rd time even after all the previous work that they themselves have done in the way of sending a planning engineer out to make sure that they can fit a line.... its a complete joke.... in this day and age of communication being king in any business,and BT being king of communication...cough cough......they would like to be seen as competent in their field.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Thanks for getting back to me. I have taken a look into this issue and have passed the account to my colleague who will deal with this for you. I have instructed that you are to get a Telephone Call today so that we can have a chat about where we go forward from here.
I'm again, really sorry what you've gone through so far and I'll ensure that we get this sorted out for you.
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer