cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 days without Phone or Broadband

GaryR

4 days without Phone or Broadband

On 10/06/11, I applied to migrate my Telephone and Broadband Service from Sky to Plusnet.  I completed the online forms and received an automated email confirming the transfer would take place on 26/08/11.
On 26/09/11 I checked and my service was still with Sky, I contacted Sky and they confirmed we hadn't migrated to Plusnet.  I contacted Plusnet Customer Services and was assured I had migrated and should cancel the contract with Sky as they had ignored Plusnet's cancelation request.
Our contract with Sky officially cancelled on 16/09/11 and I have been without Telephone and Broadband services since then - this confirms we had not migrated to Plusnet on 26/08/11.
I am disappointed because I was given assurances we had migrated and this was my previous providers (Sky) fault. To make matters worse I have been waiting four days to have service restored - I have contacted Plusnet Customer Services twice (Saturday and yesterday) and been told the matter was being dealt with....  I am yet to recieve a phone call.
To add further insult I received an automated email after each call asking me to complete a survey to find out if I was happy with the service I had received.
Plusnet please, please, please sort this out!
2 REPLIES 2
wheatleyjw

Re: 4 days without Phone or Broadband

Good luck - looking at the feedback section there seems to be alarmingy pattern emerging.
Look at my post regarding faults and how long they take. 48 - 72 hours seems normal before they do anything
and a lot of them seem to boil down to a breakdown in comms between either between PN and previous or PN and BT
at changeover. What im worried about is they may have bitten off more  than they can chew - big push on getting cutomers
without enough staff or infrastructure to cope???
I had 4 days as new customer the 7 days with nothing whilst it was sorted  Sad
Good luck
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 4 days without Phone or Broadband

Hi there,
It looks like there's some work that needs doing before we can arrange the appointment for the install, though that's due to complete on Wednesday this week. We'll update you further as soon as we have any more information, many apologies that things have happened like this.