Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4-6 weeks for a new line???

acarneiro
Grafter

4-6 weeks for a new line???

Hey, guys!
Was ordering a second land line for my home. Currently with Virgin but the one ADSL connection is not enough for my needs. I use Plusnet elsewhere and I love your service so I'm willing to pay a little bit more.
Went through the ordering process just fine, but when the time came to choose the dates to install the new line the closest available one was mid September?
Are you insane?
Very disappointed. Needless to say, that idea's gone down the drain.
You guys really need to do better than this, I'm afraid.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 4-6 weeks for a new line???

Hi there,
We apologise for the delay, however the lead times on these visits are based on engineer availability in your area.
I understand this is a few weeks to wait and we can see how this isn't ideal but there can realistically be a wait of a few weeks for a new line to be installed.
Needless to say, that idea's gone down the drain.

I'm sorry to see that you feel that way and it sounds like you've decided not to go ahead with it but do let me know if you decide to proceed despite the wait.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
acarneiro
Grafter

Adam, thank you for at least reading my post.
I appreciate that your hands are tied and most of your restrictions are placed by OpenReach's own shortcomings.
All I can say is that I would REALLY like to go with you guys but you really need to give BT a kick up the backside. It appears that a significant amounts of problems for consumers are caused by their poor service, but unfortunately you are the ones made to look bad. Engineers not turning up at scheduled times are a particularly annoying issue that seems to happen again and again (I had the pleasure of that myself).
I am just a tiny little consumer who has absolutely no power to change anything. You are the guys with the big money and the ability to change things. Most customers on Plusnet accept that we pay slightly more than the competitors because the service is, quite frankly, the best I've experienced from a telecoms company thanks to people like yourself. You have a duty to honour the faith we put in you.
I'm looking at other providers. TalkTalk can get me a line on the 19th for £10 a month less, and that's with no usage caps. The only reason I dind't take it that, well, it's TalkTalk. 'nuff said...
As I said, hit Openreach where it hurts and try and get them to provide a decent service... Smiley
apjashley1
Grafter

The exact same problem here, I decided Plusnet was better than TalkTalk customer-service wise, but my appointment for a new line isn't until 3rd September... I placed my order in July!!
Needless to say I'm rapidly getting fed up of mobile broadband...
Didserella
Dabbler

I placed my order for a line and broadband exactly four weeks before BT were due to put the line in (I was told by Plusnet that no companies get priority over others), which I thought was unacceptable, but I had no choice. Last Friday (14th) between 1pm and 6pm I took time off work and waited in, and my landlord who lives next door waited in, and the engineer didn't show - no phone calls, no messages.
Incidentally, BT claim that they came to the house but that no-one was in, when in fact I was in the whole time and waiting expectantly. The landlord whose house I live next door to also waited in, and there were builders on the roof all day - BT certainly did not come. As if after all that time I would miss that!
Plusnet have the cheek to tell me that it's my word against BT's.
Very disappointed, and fuming!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry about that though it looks like this has been addressed for you and a new appointment arranged - hope everything goes smoothly with that and going forward.