cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phone lines in 1

dhep1
Grafter

2 phone lines in 1

I mistakenly changed my daughters phone and internet to plusnet, she now cannot get a call on her phone unless she answers the business next door's phone!!!!!!!!!
I have spent over FOUR hours (mostly on hold) trying to get them to sort it, now we will have to wait until 8-12-14, 2 weeks.
Everyone I spoke to at plusnet told me, "this cannot happen" WRONG!  Worse the business is still connected to it's provider, she cannot answer her phone as it is for next door, also she can be on a call the same time as them, but she does not have her number now I have to phone the business!
If I want to contact her it is either after they finish, or her mobile, so why have I just paid nearly £170.00 to this lot? Angry
39 REPLIES 39
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: 2 phone lines in 1

Hi,
It's not clear if the account you are referring to is linked to your forum username. For this reason, I request that you raise a support request online detailing the problems that you have. Once done, post the ticket number back here and one of us will run some checks for you and try to get everything sorted.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dhep1
Grafter

No it is my daughters account, (that I organised and paid for) I am on her account, unfortunately the site will not let me register her account for the forum?
So how do I 'raise a ticket' they have said they will give her number back on 8-12-14 but say the business will have to contact THEIR supplier to get THEIR line re connected!!!!!
Ridicules, and worse plusnet keep telling me "It Cannot Happen"!  Well I can assure you it HAS. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You need to log into her account and raise a ticket there
If you don't have login access then your daughter will either have to do it or give you the password
dhep1
Grafter

I did that and they just say she will get her number back on 8-12-14!
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What line is the broadband connected to? That could be the wrong line as well..
dhep1
Grafter

Plusnet and the business XLN
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That sounds like you've been in touch with our faults team and they've given you the 8th for the estimated resolution time. If so that's when we'd have been advised to check for an update, however faults can and often are resolved before the resolution date is reached.
If the other person hasn't reported this as a fault to their supplier, I'd strongly advise that they do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

<cynic>... because they will probably get it sorted out faster than Plusnet will!</cynical>
In fact that that's not as stupid as it might seem - depending on the type of phone account they have, they may get a faster response from BTw/OpenReach.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It was mainly to ensure that whatever problems they have get sorted too!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dhep1
Grafter

This is my daughters phone
She changed from Talktalk, the business has a separate address and phone number and is with xln business Incompetence is the only answer if her phone rings with the business phone number
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If she's moved from TalkTalk LLU that means that an BT OpenReach engineer has had to make wiring changes in the exchange which is obviously where it has gone wrong.
dhep1
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
That sounds like you've been in touch with our faults team and they've given you the 8th for the estimated resolution time. If so that's when we'd have been advised to check for an update, however faults can and often are resolved before the resolution date is reached.
If the other person hasn't reported this as a fault to their supplier, I'd strongly advise that they do.

Their supplier say they know nothing about it and they still have the line obviously plusnet fault not sure what will happen to the business phone on 8th
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have they reported a fault that they are receiving calls for the wrong number?
dhep1
Grafter

They are not it is my daughter that is receiving their calls they also receive their calls.