Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£2.50 Line rental discount

Olifran
Grafter

£2.50 Line rental discount

Hi,
Am i correct in thinking that if you take out a plusnet home phone line together with plusnet broadband you are entitled to £2.50 a month of your line rental as long as you have them both?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: £2.50 Line rental discount

Not quite, if you take broadband only as a new customer or do an account change without your phone line being with Plusnet then it'll cost you £2.50 more for the broadband service.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Olifran
Grafter

I went through the product change on my account to see and the following message came up:
"If you choose to take Plusnet home phone with one of our new broadband packages, you'll benefit from a £2.50 reduction on your monthly broadband bill for as long as your phone line remains with Plusnet"
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes, if you take broadband & phone the broadband works out £2.50 less. If you take broadband only the broadband costs £2.50 more.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

It's pure BT to speak of the absence of a surcharge as a 'reduction'.
In today's email from PN, notice of a well-above-inflation hike in line rental costs.
But just in case you should be tempted to one of the many cheaper oroviders, in the same email:
<<<As of 1st  October, a £1.50 surcharge will apply to Value and Extra broadband only and Value and Extra fibre optic broadband only subscriptions (where line rental and calling plans are not held with Plusnet). Customers on these products who currently have Plusnet Home Phone will only be affected by this change if they transfer their phone service to another provider.This email has been sent because it contains important information about your service from Plusnet. >>>
So take your pick - either pay PN's line rental hike or pay PN's broadband surcharge.
(Oops sorry! - of course I meant 'take advantage of PN's discount').  Roll_eyes
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!