cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st fault, not happy with response.

Clutha

1st fault, not happy with response.

Lost our landline, incoming calls going to a BT customer who has her incoming calls going to someone else. She has managed to get her calls diverted to a mobile. Plusnet chat kept telling me to test my line in spite of me assuring them a fault had been identified.
When I requested call diversion for the 3rd time I was told I'd have to pay for incoming calls. They offered to send an engineer to me and exchange in two days.
So as it stands I'm paying for a line I haven't got, and if I want my calls diverted I need to pay more.
Nice.
4 REPLIES 4
catelliott
Grafter

Re: 1st fault, not happy with response.

Hi there Clutha,
I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you have been having with your phone line. Having checked the account I can't see that a fault has been raised. We ask that you do basic checks to rule out any internal problems, I appreciate that you are sure of a fault, but we do need to go through these with all customers experiencing a fault.
It might be best to give our Technical Support guys a call on our mobile-friendly number, 0345 140 0200, and they can get this looked at for you.
We will refund for any downtime that you experience as a result of a fault.
I hope this helps! Smiley
mwarby
Grafter

Sounds like a pair swap to me. These are complicated as plusnet can't actually test your physical line(as your number is connected to someone else physical liine)
If your not getting incoming calls and someone else is (someone in another house answers) this should be easy to verify, plusnet can call your landline and you won
t answer

I do struggle to work out how plusnet could conceive of such a fault being end user equipment(assuming a none cordless phone is used) or extension wiring
One concievable risk you face is that when the other party gets the fault fixed it may fix yours too, the engineer visiting you will find no fault and may assume user equipment and raise a charge
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A useful test here is to dial 17070 - the first thing this does is to identify the number "on the line".  If this is not your number, tell PN what number is reported.  It will help PN inform BTOR about the issue.
You really must ensure that any agent you speak with does not dismiss the issue with "no fault found when testing" as your line is connected elsewhere and is working...  Crazy
Typos corrected!  Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with the phone service. I can see this has been reported to us and we've arranged an engineer for later this week.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.