cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1572: why is it blocking calls I didn't ask it to do?

TerryMushroom
Hooked

1572: why is it blocking calls I didn't ask it to do?

My 1572 is telling a caller from an Australian number that I'm not accepting his calls.  I reported this and was told there must be a problem at the Australian end.  My caller spoke to his provider who denied there was a problem on their side. 

My caller has again been told that I'm not accepting his call.  Plusnet told me that I could not make his number a VIP.

To my best knowledge, I've only blocked Plusnet's recommended numbers.  

Help, please!

15 REPLIES 15
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: 1572: why is it blocking calls I didn't ask it to do?

I posted with a similar problem recently; easiest fix is to add the callers number to your VIP list to cure (Option 4).
I checked my diverted numbers list which is awfully elongated process (in absence of webpage to control

your 1572), and the number having same issue as yours WAS NOT THERE. Go figure Sad

TerryMushroom
Hooked

Thanks for your reply.  However, my international number was already in my VIP list!  

Just had an utterly headbanging on-line discussion with Plusnet.  Result was they're going to reinstall the service.  

I suspect Customer Services have had little or no training on 1572.  I used to rate them, but they're now as bad as any other provider.  

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Hmm. Something amiss with numbers getting incorrectly added to a virtual divert list it appears, that's

invisible to PN customers.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @TerryMushroom, would you mind dropping me a PM with the number(s) that were being blocked please. I'm querying this with our products team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
TerryMushroom
Hooked

The number was [removed].  It's my brother's home landline number.  

What I found so utterly frustrating was the apparent unwillingness to accept that I hadn't done anything, bar accept Plusnet's list in option 4.  I certainly hadn't barred international calls.  

I accept that technology fails.  What I do expect is to be taken seriously.  It took nearly an hour chatting to three people to get to the conclusion that my 1572 should be reinstalled.  One online chat failed and the second advisor transferred me without warning to someone who thought I wanted an additional service.

There are some serious training needs here.  However, I can't be bothered to wait for them to be addressed. 

So today I've moved our mobiles to unlimited minutes. When my contract allows, I'll reduce to Plusnet's broadband and never use the phone.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Full telephone number removed from a public forum.

Bud
Grafter

I don't have international calls set to be blocked on my 1572 yet as I haven't had time to add the numbers to the VIP list but I have also had calls from Australia going straight to the 1572 mailbox.  I am not impressed with the service at all as it can be a pain getting access to the 1572 mailbox as often it just gives a long beep and disconnects the call when trying to get to the messages - so much so I am seriously considering getting rid of the service.

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Terry you should have sent that number in a Private Message as requested; publishing phone
numbers in a public forum isn't recommended. Will be harvested by spam call organisations.
TerryMushroom
Hooked

I'm new to the Forum and didn't know what a "PM" is.  Why should ?!

In good faith, I used the reply facility on Plusnet's email.  

Thanks for alerting me.  

I've asked them to remove the number.

TerryMushroom
Hooked

Quite possibly.  I accept that technology sometimes fails.  What has [-Censored-] me off is how Plusnet has handled the issue. Once there customer service was good.  Sadly, no longer.  

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

TerryMushroom
Hooked

Good luck!

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Terry, click on your profile name in top right hand corner of page; select messages, then in "TO" box type "HarryB"

for example and click on suggested name that shows.

Mav
Fixes: 514

@TerryMushroom You could also click on Harry's avatar or name in one of his posts then click Send Private Message in the newly opened Profile window.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TerryMushroom
Hooked

Thankyou.  This is something he should have explained.  It's not unreasonable for me to expect Plusnet to anticipate that people may not be familiar with navigating the forum or its jargon.  He was asking me for confidential, data protected information.  The onus was on him to ensure that my answer would not inadvertently go into the public domain.

I regret if I sound like a grump.  I don't find telecoms interesting.  My only concern is to have any faults rectified without head banging conversations. 

TerryMushroom
Hooked

Thanks for yr advice.  I'm new to the Forum, don't know it's geography or what a PM is (although I do now!).  At the risk of sounding a miserable wots-it, I don't find telecoms interesting.  I just want a phone that works.  I accept that technology breaks down.  But I should not have had to have spent nearly an hour battling with three different representatives to get them to take me seriously that there was a problem.  

Having asked me for data protection sensitive information, the onus was on Plusnet to help me protect it.  E.g., by making clear what a PM is and how I access it what is, after all, their Forum, not mine.  Your courtesy in helping me is appreciated.  Plusnet should be paying you, not you, them!!