cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 Voicemail feature removal delay

alanbboyd
Dabbler

1571 Voicemail feature removal delay

I submitted a request last week (Thursday or Friday, I can't remember exactly) on the Plusnet website, using the Home Phone Control Panel, to have the 1571 Voicemail feature removed from my account.
Since then, each time I check the Home Phone Control Panel has said:
You currently have an order in progress to remove call features
Your call feature(s) will be removed from your account on the next working day.
Please note: If you've requested to remove any call features, you cannot add or remove any further features until this is complete.

...the Voicemail is flagged as [ Awaiting Removal ] .
Given that it's nearly a week since the request was placed, is there an known delay in the system which would account for the hold up?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 1571 Voicemail feature removal delay

Hi alanbboyd,
Sorry about this, it looks like that status is stuck where it is and needs some manual intervention to fix.
I've reported this internally on task 448788 and we'll get that sorted as soon as we can for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HTeeBee
Grafter

I asked for the same removal nearly 2 weeks ago. Then tried using PN Online Chat over a week ago to chase up and was also told that it was a 'VM Stuck' that would be manually sorted in a couple of days.
Guess what? Over a week later and still awaiting removal. Pretty poor.
For any PN staff it's Task # 447421 / Webchat Ref : 4302573229 / Question #103615226 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi HTeeBee,
Sorry about this and this won't be what you want to hear but I'd usually advise that it can be a few weeks rather than a few days so we shouldn't have set the latter expectation with you at all.
I'm going to pass on some feedback regarding what you were told.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Adam,
This is a long standing issue - is there no sign of a fix for it or a systematic management intervention process to identify and rectify stuck order processing / status?
I am well aware that it can be the case that the order / request has been processed / service implemented and it is only the completion to change the billing which is stuck.... but may be other users are not similarly aware?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

@HTeeBee I've placed the order to remove the Voicemail feature from the line at Wholesale level, then we will be awaiting the outcome of the task to remove the flag that you're seeing on the Member Centre
@alanbboyd I've done the same on your account, and re-raised the task under a different job in the hopes that the problem will be fixed sooner.