cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 Voicemail: 'This line doesn't have a call-answering service'

FIXED
JimM1

1571 Voicemail: 'This line doesn't have a call-answering service'

I moved to Plusnet from TalkTalk on 31.1.22. As of today (26.3.22) the 1571 call-answering service has not worked. I just hear: 'This line doesn't have a call-answering service'. It worked with TalkTalk. I have had 5 conversations with Customer Services. The green indicator says it's working - but it doesn't work. I was asked if I had message recording devices attached to the landline. I do, but they were all off. I tried unplugging those devices. Still no Voicemail. I believe that in the transfer process my landline was somehow labelled not to accommodate call-answering. I have seen one other similar case which was fixed after an appeal to the community. Can somebody fix this for me please? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: 1571 Voicemail: 'This line doesn't have a call-answering service'

Fix

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused here @JimM1. Voicemail is active on your account, but not on your line I'm afraid, so I think the agent you spoke to on Thursday got a little muddled up. 

I've sorted it out for you though, and have placed an order with our suppliers to enable 1571 on your line, this should complete by tomorrow at the latest. Let us know how you get on. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
JimM1

Ah, brilliant. The problem is now fixed and I have Voicemail. Within 24 hours. Thank you. If in doubt, ask the community! Jim M

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Haha great stuff, glad to hear it's working now @JimM. Give us a shout if you need anything else Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Moderators Note :Changed fix to @adam945