Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 Voicemail Feature - Service Activation Issue

FIXED
CaptainStuart
Fixes: 1

1571 Voicemail Feature - Service Activation Issue

A few months ago, I upgraded and recontracted my Plusnet landline and broadband package, and for some reason, on doing so, all of my previously chosen calling features were removed, rather than being migrated across to my new contract, so I had to reorder them.

I used to pay for the callminder voicemail advanced service on my old contract, but decided the free version is now more than enough for my needs, as I no longer required all of the features of the paid service as before.

I selected the service using the online home phone control panel, and was advised that activation may take up to 48 hours.

THAT WAS 12 MONTHS AGO!!

If I call 1571 from my landline, I get the generic BT Wholesale "This line does not currently have a voicemail service" message, and am transferred to the 1571 orderline.

My online home phone control panel shows the service as "Awaiting Activation," as has done so since the day I placed the order. (Screenshot attached).
As it shows as "Awaiting Activation," I am also prevented from being able to change/update any of my other call features, as there is still an incomplete order in progress according to the system (Message Dialogue Screenshot attached).

Can you please advise me on how I can fix this issue, as it is now becoming quite annoying - even more so, because the Plusnet Protect 1572 Voicemail Service is active, has been since day one, and works perfectly!

Thanks in advance!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Captain Stuart Konrad Anthony
3 REPLIES 3
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: 1571 Voicemail Feature - Service Activation Issue

Fix

Hi @CaptainStuart

I have checked the order that was placed for you earlier today and it is no complete, your account also now shows the VM feature as active - can you confirm if you now have the service? 

I'm SO sorry that this happened, I have no idea how it could have taken this long. 

Thanks, 

MoR

CaptainStuart
Fixes: 1

Hi There @MasterOfReality!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm happy to confirm, that after such a long wait, the 1571 voicemail service is now working correctly on my line, and the Call Features section in my Home Phone Control Panel of the Plusnet website is now once again open to me making changes, should I need/wish to in the future.

Your help is much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Captain Stuart

Captain Stuart Konrad Anthony
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@CaptainStuart

That's great to hear. Let us know if you have any further problems.