Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1471 any format options for it

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

1471 any format options for it

Currently the message starts with the phone number near enough every time and thent he date of the call.  What I would like is a slight format change, to the Call date first then the Number, then if I have already checked if it is a recent missed call on that date I can hangup, rather than waiting till the number is read out.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
4 REPLIES 4
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: 1471 any format options for it

Given that BT haven't changed the formatting of the phone number read out to account for any changes made in about the last 20 years, I should think that is extremely unlikely to happen!
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you don't ask you don't get, I'm asking
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I don't think BTw will take a blind bit of notice - they couldn't give a flying fig about 1471 - they even make it difficult for you to erase the last number - you have to dial 1475 instead of an option off 1471, you hang up and wait for the system to ring you, answer and hang up, but, there is hope because as the number is "with-held" when you next dial 1471 you get the date and time first, so in some respects it does help.
The other trick I use, which is a  bit easier,  I ring my landline from my mobile (using 1 key fixed dialling) and hang up. I don't have anyone who normally rings me having a mobile number starting with the same first 5 digits, so I just hang up without waiting to listen to the whole message when I do 1471 when I come in  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I personally doubt that a change to this would be possible as it's our supplier's service rather than directly being administered by ourselves. Feedback accepted as always thought as I can understand why some people may find it more helpful to hear the date mentioned first.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team