Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1470 over ride doesn't work ..

mikez
Grafter

1470 over ride doesn't work ..

Hi
Hope someone might be able to help as the Plusnet Call Centre can't even understand the question !!!
We are with Plusnet and had Permanent Number Withhold put on our line. However when we want to call someone on a one-off basis and try to temporarily disable it PNW by entering 1470, we get a recorded message saying that "this service is not available"
Anyone able to help please ?   Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: 1470 over ride doesn't work ..

There are two versions of Permanent Number Withhold, one with override and one without.

As in this case - https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Permanently-withhold-number/td-p/1385079

it would appear you've been given the wrong one.

One of the Plusnet help team should be able to correct this when they see this thread.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @mikez

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you've been having problems with lifting the withheld number feature on your line. I have checked the details of your account and can see that you do have permanent withheld number on there but no option to over-ride this.

I have now placed an order to update this to allow you to over-ride with 1470 dialed first which will complete today up to midnight.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and if you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,

This rather sounds as though 1470 has been disabled.  From BT Retail support pages...

Can 1470 be disabled on my line?

Yes. There is an option available that removes the 1470 facility from your line. This will be of particular benefit to ex-directory customers who do not wish to release their number under any circumstances.

However see also the last post on here - https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Automatic-number-withhold-override/td-p/1284021 - which might imply that the published facility simply does not work (or possibly might not work on some exchanges).  @198kHz can you comment here please?

Given that by default PN phone numbers are ex-directory, it is possible that PNW is ordered with the override disabled.  If this is the case, it needs to be made clear!  @Gandalf the wizard makes a point here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Withholding-number/m-p/1469593#M24366 - of mentioning "With 1470 override" which could be read as suggesting the 1470 facility is an ADDITION to PNW.

EDIT: @198kHz and @Warwick both responding whilst I was researching the subject … confirming the conclusions I had drawn.

@JonoH - is there a need here to make clear to all involved, that 1470 is an ADDITIONAL service and that should be made clearer to both agents and customers when requesting PNW?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Interesting, I wasn't aware that there were two kinds, I'll have a look at how they're ordered on the system but I imagine it was a manual order that was placed and the wrong product was selected. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
mikez
Grafter

Thanks to all - PN now on the case

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Mike,

Equally thank you for bringing your experience here, where we can better understand how the service is configured / delivered and gain clarity.

I am shocked to learn that BT Openreach offer NPW and publish details of a code which allows CLI disclosure on a specific call ... but does not make equally clear, that service needs to be separately ordered.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Mike.

From what I can see the order to change the call feature to "Withhold Number With Override" completed 15 minutes after Warwick's post. Are you able to use 1470 now?

It looks like the agent who originally added the withhold number feature just selected the option for "Without Override". 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikez
Grafter

Hi

All sorted - many thanks