cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 month contract or 18 month contract dispute ?

comrog
Hooked

12 month contract or 18 month contract dispute ?

I should be grateful for advice

I selected a 12 month Plusnet contract online in June 2017.

I also selected a 12 month line saver contract ending 27.06.18.

I notified Plusnet I would be leaving on 29.05.18 unless offered a 'deal' on to renew the contract.

I was notified of a cancellation charge of £16.87 on 02.06.18 that was a surprise but accepted assuming the charge was in respect of early termination (despite giving notice.

However, I was subsequently notified of final fees of £74.48 on 17.06.18.

I have refused payment - I do not accept the Plusnet claim that I 'signed up' to an 18 month contract (message 26.06.2018.

I do not understand the comment below - the additional final fees appear to relate to broadband charges of 196 days @ 40p per day - nothing to do with the phone line rental?

'I can also see that you took out the Line Rental Saver however this has now expired. The email we sent to you stating that your cancellation fees would be £16.87, this is based on having an active Line Rental Saver'. 

I did receive a 'Welcome to Plusnet' email - however, the message content was blank.

Apparently, the email (06.06.17) made reference to a 18 month contract.

I have requested the actual copy but this has not been provided.

The relevant details said to relate to the length of contract have been deleted from my account summary.

Therefore, I have no access to any further information that contains the length of contract.

I have requested sight of relevant information that must be available to Plusnet to confirm the position (08.07.2018.

Escalation staff are ignoring my requests for further information, continuing to harass me with telephone calls/emails.

I would appreciate a staff member review asap please.

14 REPLIES 14
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: 12 month contract or 18 month contract dispute ?

Hi @comrog 

Thanks for getting in touch - sorry to hear you have had issues with the termination of your contract and any final fees. 

I've taken a look at the initial Sales Service Note which was placed on your account back in June 17, it does state on there that you were agreeing to an 18 month contract, you can view this yourself by clicking here

I can also see that we have had multiple conversations with you regarding this. I'm afraid that I have no fresh information to provide on this issue, as the relevant points have been made on this ticket on your account. 

In regards to the emails copies which you have requested - each of the emails which have been referenced previously to you have also been placed on your account in the form of a ticket - which is where we have been able to pull this information from. These tickets are accessible for you to view by logging into your Member Centre. 

I'm sorry if this is not the reply which you were hoping to receive. 

Thanks, 

comrog
Hooked

Thank you.

Your reply is certainly not what I hoped for but not unexpected.

I am fully aware of the information you have referred to - I would suggest the tickets are not evidential proof of the existence of any particular contract or agreement.

The contract length is not stated in the Welcome Letter despite Plusnet implying it would be ((Lisa H*******; question 151074151; 06.06.17)

I would suggest the Sales Service Note to which you refer is compiled by the sales representative spoken to - could it be she entered incorrect details?

Can I suggest, in order to move matters forward, Plusnet provide:

1.    A transcript of the telephone conversation that would have been recorded and relative to the sales person's (Lisa          H*******, question 151074151 06.06.17), and,

2.    A screen shot of my selection of contract length.

The above requests for information were made originally on 08.07.18 and remain unanswered 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @comrog,

Thanks for getting back to us. I fully appreciate the point you have raised, and we would be more than happy to locate the call and double check the contract length agreed on there. We can replied via ticket on the account the outcome for you or if you would prefer to obtain a copy your self and discuss it further at that time you can request a copy of the call here.

Please get back to us with how you would like to proceed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
comrog
Hooked

Thank you SammyM

In accordance with your advice, I have requested a copy of the call transcript & the relevant screen capture of the contract length selected, response as follows:

Data request submitted 

What happens next?

We will normally respond within one month of your request but may take a further two months if your request is complex.

As it may take sometime to obtain an answer, can I request your assistance to liaise with your escalations department to defer further contact/action until resolved.

In the meantime, can you clarify my continually repeated query in relation to the Welcome Letter (& Email).

Plusnet state in automated responses:

'Thank you for your email. 
Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. 
That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen'.

I find it curious that Plusnet are relying on the one (& only) statement available of the alleged contract length in a 'Welcome Email' (content undelivered to myself) when they could have easily repeated the exact content of the email in the letter.

The fact is, they have not - can you explain why that is?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

As it may take sometime to obtain an answer, can I request your assistance to liaise with your escalations department to defer further contact/action until resolved.

Due to the time it'll take for you to obtain the call, I've sent a request to our outbound sales team to listen to the call on your behalf and they'll relay the notes back to us which we can provide you with on a ticket.

I should have a response back next week.

In the meantime, can you clarify my continually repeated query in relation to the Welcome Letter (& Email).

I find it curious that Plusnet are relying on the one (& only) statement available of the alleged contract length in a 'Welcome Email' (content undelivered to myself) when they could have easily repeated the exact content of the email in the letter.

The fact is, they have not - can you explain why that is?

Contracts are agreed over the phone (Or webchat in some cases) and details are e-mailed. 

Occasionally we will send a letter but we don't always but in regards to the content of the letter we'll pass your feedback on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
comrog
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf

I presume your IT dept will be instructed to provide the detail of my original on-screen selection of a 12 month contract by way of screen shot captures which will be available to them.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @comrog, thanks for your response. We will be able to update you further once we have received a response back from the call recording we have raised.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I presume your IT dept will be instructed to provide the detail of my original on-screen selection of a 12 month contract by way of screen shot captures which will be available to them.

As your account was created over the phone we listened to your sales call.

The outcome of the call listening I've updated your ticket with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
comrog
Hooked

Thank you

I will consider the matter further when I receive the call transcript, recording & screen capture requested.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We'll update you via ticket 179436002 when we have all the details you requested on the form.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
comrog
Hooked

Gandalf,

14.35; 25.07.18, I received the the following email (extract) updating Question 176744039:

'We have listened to your sales call and I can confirm the contract agreed over the phone was for 18 months.

I am putting this ticket back into our collections team workflow to contact you again about your outstanding balance.'

13.09; 28.07.18, I received the following email (extract) updating Question 179436002:

'We have undertaken a detailed search, in accordance with the scope of your data subject access request, to provide you with all the personal data we hold pertaining to you request.
As per our retention policy, we only hold our call recordings for 12 months so we are unable to provide you with the call.'

I am confused.

How is it possible for the sales call to have been listened to in July having been presumeraly deleted in June?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

So allegedly Plusnet listened to the call but 3 days later confirmed that they could not share the recording with you because it was deleted a month ago?

This does not read well Plusnet! If any-one is deliberately telling porkies I trust that they or whoever gave the instruction to give such a response will be instantly dismissed for bringing the company into disrepute..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that. I'm looking into this and I'll update you shortly.

[edit]

I've spoken with the adviser who picked up your data subject access request.

He's arranging to obtain the call to send to you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

It's reassuring that @Gandalf is around to give a straight honest 'Yorkshire' response. This incident however brings nothing but discredit to some agents employed by Plusnet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'