Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 mobile minutes

gree0115
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

100 mobile minutes

I have a friend who is making quite a few calls to mobiles from his landline and would benefit from the £3 for 100 minutes package. Is it possible to add this to the phone package, I can't find it anywhere under add-ons?
Thanks,
David
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 100 mobile minutes

Hi there,
I'd advise your friend calls up to have a word with our COT team, they should be able to arrange something.
gree0115
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Matt,
I'll get him to call in.
Cheers,
David
BRABUS
Grafter

This is something that PN need to fix.  If existing customers could add the mobile option online it would be so much easier for us all.
EDIT:  It would also make it easier for PN as we have just rung to get this added and there is a 20 minute wait.  This makes the queue longer for people who need actual help that couldn't technically be done online.
BRABUS
Grafter

Hey Matt, it seems that they can't always add this feature, see here for more info http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117629.0.html
Just thought it may be useful info for others who see this thread and like me try to get it added and fail.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The 100 mobile minutes bolt-ons are actually built as distinct products. E.G. we have a product built for Anytime and a completely separate product built for Anytime+mobile. As such, you can't bolt-on mobile onto a legacy product. LRS complicates the matter further as a business decision has been made to only allow LRS on a 'no-calls' product. Sorry if this doesn't suit your needs but it's how the product set has been designed following extensive research into calling patterns and customer behaviors, the end result of which is a product set that suits as many people as possible whilst still allowing a fair margin for Plusnet to remain competitive, pay salaries, etc. etc.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Ben
LRS complicates the matter further as a business decision has been made to only allow LRS on a 'no-calls' product.

I know this is an old thread, but it has just been reference in a different context.  Am I alone in thinking this is a "daft" decision?
It used to be the case that monthly line rental included evening and weekend calls.  Then along came LRS, the offer being "pay up 12 months in advance and we'll reduce the monthly charge a little".
Sometime later someone decided to drop the call plan on LRS - why?
Accepting that was not such a great idea, having decided to do that, why are customers not being offered the flexibility to add the call plans they want?  Surely this is a sales and revenue opportunity - is PlusNet not interested in offering the packages customers might want?  As discussed elsewhere, deconstructing all of the bundles would be simpler and less confusing - stop offering BB+Calls packages where if the customer pays in advance for the phone service (LRS) the call plan vanishes and other call plans cannot be added.
When is the next product refresh?  What is the difficulty in offering the following...
BB ADSL
BB Fibre
Phone line - monthly subscription
Phone line - annual subscription (LRS) - less than 12x the above
Call plan - weekends only
Call plan - weekends and evening
Call plan - anytime
Call plan - x00 mobile minutes
Call plan - x00 international minutes
(all call plans being monthly subscriptions)
Unbundled packaging delivers more choice for the consumer and simpler billing for PlusNet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For information I raised the question - not because I need it but as part of helping another poster
This is the really stupid part
I have LRS which includes evening and weekends which I renewed early to avoid the price hike
But I also have Anytime so the fact that my LRS includes evening and weekends is totally irrelevant but they still won't let me add it on
How stupid is that  Crazy Crazy
delticman

I'm getting confused Sad I've been a Plusnet BB customer for years and have just applied for Home Phone (Weekends with 100 mobile minutes) - there was no option for Line Rental Saver when applying through "Product Change". I would like to have LRS to save some money so intend to apply for this once my phone line has switched to PN. I understand that this would make me "Line Only" losing my free weekend calls but it's not clear that I can keep my 100 mobile minutes with LRS. Can someone advise please? Thanks.
Joshc
Grafter

Hey,
Delticman.
Once you have changed to the line only option , which does save a bit more money Smiley
You will be able to keep you 100 UK mobile minutes! However you are correct in saying that the weekend calls will be lost.