cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month to change phone package?

wayyoung
Rising Star

1 month to change phone package?

Gobsmacked to find that the package change I put through is going to take 1 month to effect.

How come? Willing to pay any difference to make the change immediately, but no option given. I mean it's 2017 not 1987. How difficult can it be to put through a customers request within a few days at most?

Is this normal practice or have I just been caught out because on bill day?

6 REPLIES 6
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: 1 month to change phone package?

Haven't you already paid up front for the current month? That's probably why any changes take effect on the next billing date.
wayyoung
Rising Star

All it requires is a further payment of £8 from me this month. Changing from a regular phone package to an international one.

I'll give them a call/chat session tomorrow with the hope they'll be able to sort it out.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid account changes do happen on the billing date, to try and force these through earlier is not something we do as it has knock-on effects on future billing so isn't something we do. Apologies for that.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wayyoung
Rising Star

I appreciate your answer @Chris but I think that's really poor decision from Plusnet.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult to do, having the experience of working for an competitor ISP who was able to make immediate account changes and adjust billing accordingly.

Whatever happened to giving the customer what they want!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Due to a technical limitation of our billing system, this simply isn't feasible I'm afraid.

If we were able to put it through for you immediately we'd happily do it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Making a check that a fix for this is included in the planned Billing refresh.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.