cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0844 number access charges.

Eborexile

0844 number access charges.

Have I been blind to a condition and charge?
With our previous provider we used an 0844 xxxxx number to get 1p per minute international calls with a connection charge of less than 10p.
Joining PlusNet in May I reckoned to check that I wouldn't get stung.
Now the latest bill indicates an access charge to PlusNet of nearly 10 p per minute. Totally unexpected.
Not sure if I've been a mug and missed something in the small print - but the latest bill has been a nasty shock.

Are there any alternatives?
11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: 0844 number access charges.

We informed you back on the 10th in the e-mail regarding your bill.
The link below has more details
www.plus.net/ukcalling
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Not sure if I've been a mug and missed something in the small print - but the latest bill has been a nasty shock.

You've been a mug.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mazrochie
Dabbler

This has been discussed at length a previous thread.
My parents on PN were doing the same, but to call Irish mobile numbers.
Anytime International 300 (which they have) gives 300 international minutes per month to listed countries (& call cannot exceed 30mins), it does not include calls to Irish mobiles; it is currently £7:00/month, but will increase to £7:50 in September.
For them to now ring Irish mobiles they are using their mobile phone (rather than PN LL), & using a different dial around number, it's 8ppm to an Irish mobile.
Obviously, they are now not using the 0844 numbers.
BRABUS
Grafter

@Matthew - not everyone has had this e-mail.  I have mentioned this in a few other threads and have been told that we will all get it eventually.  To date I have not received this e-mail, nor have I had any e-mail about the price rises.  Oh and yes I have checked my junk settings LOL
Is there something going wrong with your e-mails.  This is not the first time this has happened, this was the case a few years ago as well.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

mine was combined with the notice of my direct debit billing
BRABUS
Grafter

Old him you are indeed wise.  I have found the info about 0844 calls on the bottom of the direct debit advanced notice e-mails.  Well that was really obvious wasn't it.  well done Plus Net, you dint make that easy did you.
The other info though has only arrived for one of the many accounts that I monitor for friends and family (yes I am the AU on these).  This proves that you are not sending this info out to everybody.
Please look at your records and check what you are doing (or not) so that customers don't think you are taking extra money and not telling them.  Not everybody comes on the forum to find out like I do so I imagine there are an awful lot of other customers who haven't been told yet as well.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

On mine, the subject of the email was also different, pointing to the changes.  It changed to "Information on call charges & advance notice of your Direct Debit payment" from the usual "Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@BRABUS - Was this on the account linked to your community forum account? Matt Wheeler is off today, and I want to check your provision, so would you be ok to PM me the other details either way?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
BRABUS
Grafter

hi Matty, it wasn't my account that got the message, I can't determine which account it was as the person has 2 accounts at different addresses.  The email sent out addresses them by first name and doesn't mention the account name.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: BRABUS
The other info though has only arrived for one of the many accounts that I monitor for friends and family (yes I am the AU on these).  This proves that you are not sending this info out to everybody.

Quote from: BRABUS
I can't determine which account it was as the person has 2 accounts at different addresses.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd need to know exactly which account didn't receive these notifications to be able to investigate. This is the first I've heard of someone not receiving them, and we can't simply check over hundreds of thousands of accounts that these emails have been sent to. Did the notification have any service notices on?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
BRABUS
Grafter

Hi Matty, I have sent you a PM am with 5 account names included.  I hope it helps.