cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0330 numbers, landline call: is it free after 7pm in Plusnet package?

Zebra7
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

0330 numbers, landline call: is it free after 7pm in Plusnet package?

Sorry to arrive here and ask a daft question, but I really don't understand all these 03 number thingies.

I'm currently wanting to ring Sky and cancel our subscription.

Sky's cancellation number has an 03300 prefix. I've searched the Internet but have found only stuff about 'calling from mobiles' and from Plusnet's search result, only stuff about 0845 numbers. Question, then:

Can I make a free-of-charge call to Sky's 03300 number *after 7pm* weekdays? (I'm on Plusnet's luvvly 'evenings & weekends' call package. Apologies, again, for being a nuisance: thanks! (Incidentally: I really resent not having a free number for Sky. I've been its customer for 20 years.)

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 0330 numbers, landline call: is it free after 7pm in Plusnet package?

Hi Zebra7 

Try 0800 1512747

Brian A

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Zebra7,

I can confirm that this will be a free call if you were on the Evening and Weekend call plan, subject to the fair use policy.

Thanks - LF

Zebra7
Dabbler

BIG thanks to LordF and to Brian: the instant response is greatly appreciated! LF's reassurance is great -- and Brian's tip, equally so: I've used the number so kindly provided to call Sky free of charge. So: all problems solved. Again, my gratitude to you both!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening     Zebra7

Thank you I love freephone numbers when I find them I save them

Brian A

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Just to clarify:

Ofcom rules require that if 03 numbers are charged for, it's at the same rate as 01 & 02.

Similarly, if 01 & 02 numbers are free in an inclusive calls package, than so are 03.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Zebra7
Dabbler

Thanks, 198kHz: appreciated. I did feel a bit of an eejit coming on here to ask this particular question, but all this telephone number prefix stuff is kind of arcane -- well, it is for me, anyway: when I was a, er, few years younger than today, mastery of telecommunications extended no further than opening the door to the red GPO telephone box round the corner from where we lived, shoving four pennies into the slot, and remembering the vital difference between pressing button A and pressing button B.

Saddest day of my life (oh all right, not quite) was when we lost all the exchange names in London. You could no longer leave a message for a gullible colleague to ring a Regent number so as to return a call from a Mr C Lyon, or pretend you were a spy ringing from Ambassador. Heigh-ho. . .

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@Zebra7 wrote:

Thanks, 198kHz: appreciated. I did feel a bit of an eejit coming on here to ask this particular question, but all this telephone number prefix stuff is kind of arcane...

Aye, no worries. Smiley

Joining the GPO as an apprentice in 1965, when some exchanges were still manual switchboards, and leaving in 1999, I know how telecoms has dramatically changed - not always for the better.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
Zebra7
Dabbler

Happy days, 198kHz: the time you were a GPO apprentice, my wife was a GPO exchange operator (from 1967, to be accurate.) For reasons unfathomable now, GPO operators were required to "dress smartly" for work and have evidence of a reasonable education. She enjoyed the company of the other smartly-dressed operators but resigned after two years: decided it was just a bit, well, boring. By comparison, GPO engineers roaming the countryside in their green Morris vans (I think?) had a much more glamorous life-style . .  except when up a pole in freezing weather. Wink

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

PM sent before we go any further off topic.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)