Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0300 Telephone Nos

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: 0300 Telephone Nos

I'm confused, are you saying you won't be including those g21's with inclusive minutes or are you saying that where they are outside inclusive minutes they are charged at a different (cheaper) rate to national/local calls.
By the way, I think it's confusing to call g21 a destination, it's a charge band.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As far as I'm aware, these calls won't be included, however our Commercial team may well decide to include them to simplify customer messaging. However, we need to modify our call processing platform to process these calls onto the g21 destination so for now, you won't see them on your bill at all.
P.S. we use the term 'destination' to differentiate between mobile, premium rate, landline, etc., 'period' relates to the time of day and 'tariff' is the call package you're on. 'Charge band' was a term used for the old (WLR2) method of call processing and is no longer used, at least internally.
P.P.S. I'll keep an eye on things to make sure that no-one gets a big bill as a result of this and please rest assured that the volumes of calls to 033 / g21 are currently tiny.
Edit: Please see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105828.msg909319.html#msg909319
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry, Ben but a number with a g21 tariff or charge band could be in NI, Scotland, or in Kent (or possibly Timbuktu). So to call it a destination is lunacy. The term "rate" is another that has been used. We used to have Local Rate, 'a', 'b' & 'c' rates when STD first came of the scene. With a sensible choice of terms available I see no excuse for using something confusing.
As far as not including 03 - g21's in inclusive minutes that is totally against OFCOM rules as far a Residential Landlines and Mobiles is concerned. I'm not sure about Business lines, but it doesn't apply to Payphones I believe.
Edit: OFCOM wording
03 numbers - UK wide geographic numbers
Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers  (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've reviewed the Ofcom guidelines and you're right; they make no distinction between 030 and 03 as far as charging is concerned, thanks for pointing this out! I'll make sure that our call processing platform is updated to reflect this.
RE: Use of 'destination' you will notice that Ofcom use this term for non-geographic use: "the destination of the 0870 call" ( http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/resolve0870calls/statement/determination.pdf ). I'm using it because it's included in our back end system for call charging.
Anotherone
Champion

IMHO your are misusing the term and taking it out of context. In that document it is referring to where a particular 0870 NTS number actually ends up, ie it's destination - correctly.. It also talks about termination rates - does that mean the cost of cutting off the call - no of course it doesn't - you need to read the context. The term "rate" is also used a lot in that documentent. In other recent documents there is also talk of "charge bands".
And in any event, just because OFCON may choose to be stupid, doesn't mean Plusnet have to be!
PS. There is nothing stopping you charging less for g21 charge band calls when outside inclusive minutes  Wink
Edit: BT Retail use mixed terminology in some of their pricing documents, they refer to "type of call", also "charge band" when refering to whether it's eg. fm10 or g21 etc.
dsw
Grafter

So after all this, what's the charge for 03 and 033? I can't work it out.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Same as 01 & 02.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.