cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

youve seen Street art, this is the wall

pierre_pierre
Grafter

youve seen Street art, this is the wall

THIS GUY IS INCREDIBLE! HIS ART TRICKS YOUR EYES.....

Artist John Pugh
3D murals painted on the sides of buildings by
Trompe L'oeil (trick-of-the-eye) artist John Pugh
Main Street , Los Gatos , California . Even the woman peering into the ruin is part of the mural.
Taylor Hall, California State University , Chico , California . The Doric-style columns are actually nothing but paint.
Honolulu , Hawaii . This mural took two months of studio work to plan and another six months to execute with the help of 11 other artists. Featured are Queen Liliuokalani, the last monarch of the Hawaiian Islands , and Duke Kahanamoku, the ultimate father of surfing.
This mural at the Cafe Trompe L'oeil, San Jose , California , is entitled "Art Imitating Life Imitating Art Imitating Life". This customer doesn't leave at closing time (she's part of the painting - hard to believe).
Twenty-nine Palms, California . "Valentine" the bull and a patient buzzard are waiting for the artist to awake (again - they are all part of the art)!
'Bay in a Bottle', Santa Cruz , California . The passer-by is part of the mural.
Looks like a nice spot to rest your weary feet on a sidewalk in front of the Sarasota County Health Center, Florida.
9 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: youve seen Street art, this is the wall

Sorry but to me they all look what they are fake just paintings.
Denzil
Grafter

Well I like them. Very well executed
Fixes: 47

Me too. Considering I can't draw to save my life I am well impressed.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: Midnight
Sorry but to me they all look what they are fake just paintings.

Gary, is this a function of Dyslexia?, my wife has a problem with the central vision on one eye, not macula degeneration, but similar effect, she said the same as you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

The most impressive example I have seen of wall/ceiling painting was at the Abbey of St Florian (I haven't been to Rome) near Linz in Austria
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/23830300.jpg
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not sure Jim, my ones were paintings on a flat wall, is yours like that or are you referring to the actual ceiling photos
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

The bit I didn't explain is that the part between the transverse arches isn't domed  - it just looks as though it is
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I like these pretty cool indeed Smiley
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Gary, is this a function of Dyslexia?, my wife has a problem with the central vision on one eye, not macula degeneration, but similar effect, she said the same as you

Hi pierre I don't know if it is a function of Dyslexia or not, but I will tell you how I know that thay are just paintings, I will go one by one:
Top painting #1
#1 wen you look at it in full screen you can see straight off that it is a painting, but a very good one the woman and the internal walls give it a way.
#2 wen you look at it in full screen you can see straight off that it is a painting, but a good one the columns give it a way.
#3 wen you look at it, it looks like a computer generated painting.
#4 wen you look at it you can tell it is a very good painting why because wen you look at the brics thay look wrong and so is the womans skin colour plus her hair looks wrong.
#5 wen you look at it, it just looks fake.
#6 it looks like a computer generated painting to me.
#7 it looks like a computer generated painting to me.