cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why?

thisoldman
Grafter

why?

a couple of months ago, we were made aware of increased activity in the industrial warehouses/ estates leasing markets. At first it was thought this was a sign of economic recovery. However diligent enquiries have now shown that these warehouses are being fitted out with high tech refigeration equipment, normally installed by food manufacturers or supermarkets.
Further enquiries have so far drawn a blank and  the cardiff tt despite 2 foi requests has so far drawn a blank.  We think the country  private or gov? is storing massive food supplies. We wonder  why?
2  It has been noted in the Republic of Ireland, that G Adams and his asociates, have been in overdrive mode mode recently.
The question is  why?
3 B.G and Scottish Power have confirmed that the storage of fuel supplies is being intensified and residents in Lincolnshire are reporting increased  nighttime activity in the various depots.  The q is why?
14 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: why?

The Republic of Ireland is about to make a hostile takeover bid for UK Ltd Undecided
No doubt you have a theory sir.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
thisoldman
Grafter

strat i only have a theory re item 3  ie more bad weather
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Does your research indicate any increase in the sales of tin hats?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Quote from: thisoldman
a couple of months ago, we were made aware of increased activity in the industrial warehouses/ estates leasing markets. At first it was thought this was a sign of economic recovery. However diligent enquiries have now shown that these warehouses are being fitted out with high tech refigeration equipment, normally installed by food manufacturers or supermarkets.
Further enquiries have so far drawn a blank and  the cardiff tt despite 2 foi requests has so far drawn a blank.  We think the country   private or gov? is storing massive food supplies. We wonder   why?

Link to source?  Google maps link?  Link from refrigeration supplier?  Link to the FOIA requests to Cardiff TT?  Link to the press release/discussion from "we" about their "thinking" ?
2  It has been noted in the Republic of Ireland, that G Adams and his asociates, have been in overdrive mode mode recently.

Noted by whom?  Any link to where this may be discussed?
3 B.G and Scottish Power have confirmed that the storage of fuel supplies is being intensified and residents in Lincolnshire are reporting increased  nighttime activity in the various depots.  The q is why?

I don't suppose that you have a link to the press releases from 3.B.G or Scottish Power? Or perhaps a link to a discussion from the "residents of Lincolnshire" so that we can independently check these wild speculations for ourselves?
No.  thought not.  F for content.  A* for wild speculation.  Now I have lost another 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back,  whilst trying to educate.  Sigh.
B.
thisoldman
Grafter

well barry when you realised the pn advert figure was correct did you have the grace to apologise....no you did not. and yet you continue to expect me to reveal  my sources to someone like you. I dont honestly believe you are fit to be a pn mod.
alanb
Grafter

As for number 1, pretty much since WW2, British governments have always maintained strategic stocks of basic foodstuffs in large anonymous warehouses around the country in case of national emergency. This includes big cold-stores for perishable foods. No doubt these are periodically moved to new buildings when the old buildings are deemed no longer suitable for whatever reason.
I do think it odd how people who put forward these theories about conspiracies always like to use an impassive language style (like some Agatha Christie fictional village bobby,) to make themselves appear like neutral observers, but cannot resist using language multipliers like 'high-tech' or quoting of anonymous sources to exaggerate their point.
gswindale
Grafter

Why not?  Clearly with more bad weather likely (have you seen the weather forecast?) more fuel is needed across the country - therefore more work is required at the depots to either get the fuel in or out (depending on what it's being used for).  Again this possibly relates to point 1 - possibly providing newer facilities for food storage in case of severe bad weather negatively impacting on scheduled deliveries.
re point 2 - I've googled and cannot find much out about Gerry Adams at present apart from re-printed news from 2005 as a result of Wikileaks.
From reading your post; you seem to be suggesting that maybe the IRA are planning something and the UK are aware and making plans - that is somewhat unlikely.
thisoldman
Grafter

not at all.    im just wondering about adams political intentions re government
randpwar
Grafter

well barry when you realised the pn advert figure was correct did you have the grace to apologise....no you did not. and yet you continue to expect me to reveal  my sources to someone like you. I dont honestly believe you are fit to be a pn mod.

Tell me then...don't worry, I'll make sure that nasty Barry Z doesn't get to find out.
The only mildly interesting bit of all this (apart from the obvious of course) is the failure to get information from a FOI request. I can see that a government body, for instance, may be able to decline a FOI request on national security grounds, and it’s easy for Government to play this card even where no security implications exist, but otherwise you’ve either, a) Asked the wrong question or b) Asked the wrong people…or both   
Community Veteran

If you had linked a source to the information at the time, the "proof" would have been a single click away.
It makes for much more interesting discourse when you can read a statement, then immediately click to see the source of that information, along with any associated conversation.
For example, I could post up something like the following:

a couple of months ago, I were made aware of increased activity in the industrial warehouses/ estates leasing markets. At first it was thought this was a sign of economic recovery. However diligent enquiries have now shown that these warehouses are being fitted out with large fat fryers, usually used by the fast food industry.
Further enquiries have so far drawn a blank and  the Slough county council despite 2 foi requests has so far drawn a blank.  I think the country  private or gov? is planning on putting all the fast food companies out of bussiness. I wonder  why?
2  It has been noted in the USA, that Barack Obama and his asociates, have been in overdrive mode mode recently.
The question is  why?
3 Nestle have confirmed that the storage of blue smarties is being intensified and residents in Accrington Stanley are reporting increased  nighttime activity in the various depots.  The q is why?

Yep, I took your post and just put a different bunch of wild speculation in it.  Now anyone reading it should obviously take that as a gospel truth, and not just something I dragged out of the recesses of my mind!  Proof?  pah.  I told you it was true!
I suspect if you look at the majority of discussions in the Chit Chat forum, they start with some commentary and a link to an interesting tidbit of information that  has been found somewhere, or an "opinion piece" from the original poster.  People read the commentary, then click the link and read further, then come back and engage in discussion about it.  No-one's "opinion" is taken as gospel truth, and those who fail to back up their opinion with facts (either by provenance of qualification or by another link) generally have their comments discarded.
I'm sure the Internet may be a strange and mysterious beast to some, but this is how the internet works.  I'm trying to help you to understand that so that you can actually instigate interesting discussion in the areas that you are involved in.
B.
thisoldman
Grafter

point taken re references    at the time i could not remeber whether i had read that or someone had told me
Community Veteran

It would seem common sense to me to have a large stock of supplies in, after all we are an Island.
Not long ago we were told that the amount of Gas we had in storage was minimal compared to a number of EU Countries so if more supplies are being stored of any type of goods then thats a good thing, also possible prices are likely to rise world wide.....another good reason to stock up.
David_W
Rising Star

RE: Scotland - the country has been shut down due to really bad weather, Tescos and such have stopped deliveries to Scotland whilst they sort out the backlog of orders they need to get delivered up north.  With the previous bad weather Scotland ran out of petrol as the fuel trucks couldn't deliver so it makes perfect sense to stockpile up north in case we have a month of snow (as has been predicted, by my mother, she must have read about it somewhere).
Community Veteran

Why? - 2012 obviously  Wink  Cheesy  Grin  Shocked  Undecided  Cry
Seriously.. what if it actually happened?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!