why you shouldn't use a phone whilst driving

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

why you shouldn't use a phone whilst driving

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: why you shouldn't use a phone whilst driving

You just can't tell some people because it will never happen to them. They fail to realise that the word accident exists because of events that we didn't see coming in order to stop them!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Anyone that gets caught using their mobile device(s) or doing anything other than concentrating on the road, whilst driving a potential lethal weapon, should have their licenses revoked.
nanotm
Pro

to be honest its not sad that she died its sad that she caused an accident in doing so ......
years ago when I had a licence I would regularly be using the mobile or the two way radio to chat with people, (although the mobile was hands free) but I never would of dreamed of using the text or internet features on the phone whilst driving, to me though using hands free mobile was actually safer than using the two way as there wasn't any need to hold something to the face, a situation that is still the same yet two way's are still legal to use whilst driving....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

I'm surprised no one has piped up and said that old trucker shouldn't have been driving at his age.
She would have been OK if not for him getting in the way of a safe faster reacting young driver.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: nanotm
yet two way's are still legal to use whilst driving....

There may be no specific law but one is still required to be in control of ones vehicle. If one can be fined for swigging from a can of Coke while stopped at traffic lights with the handbrake on I am sure there is scope for prosecution for using hand held devices other than mobile phones whilst driving.
nanotm
Pro

@alanf  believe it or not there isn't if your not involved in an accident......
@BnB don't they have different rules governing driving licences in the USA? pretty sure they retake the test every year and just keep on going until they fail the test (although I'm pretty sure older people can drive HGV's over here as well so long as they stump up the cash for the re-evaluation tests) although you could also say they don't have a fixe3d retirement age over there what with them not having a state pension scheme in place either.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

I was being ironic as there seems to be a downer on older drivers here.
Fixes: 47

I don't have a downer on older drivers Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

...now waiting for the court case against Facebook for it not preventing people using its service while driving a car.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.