cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are folk surprised by bad weather at Easter?

jmd
Grafter

why are folk surprised by bad weather at Easter?

Why does this horrible weather take people by surprise this Easter?  After all, it is still only March, Easter is early, and this sort of weather is normal in March - isn't it? Huh
Having said that, I do not like the weather at moment.
66 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: why are folk surprised by bad weather at Easter?

We had snow down here April 7th 2005,  and a few years ago took a bunch of Cub Scouts camping in Thetford Forest the End of May Bank Holiday, got up in the morning, Ice on top of the tables.  - Some people have short memories
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

What bad weather  Grin - I was working in the garden most of the afternoon and it was nice and sunny and not too cold.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You must be sheltered from the wind!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I said once before, I found a bag of Daff bulbs, I planted them about a month ago in the small front lawn to naturalize them, didnt think I would see them til next year, went out this morning thinking
OK to give it a small cut, B daffs are comming up, Oh well thats my excuse for a few more weeks not to cut it
jmd
Grafter

Don't know whereabouts oldjim lives but he is very fortunate......................... especially to be sheltered from these winds.............. shiver!
I tried to mow my very tiny front lawn the other afternoon but could not alter the blade height so gave up - now have interesting pattern on the lawn but too cold to go out and try again.
Community Veteran

Right here in sunny Dorset
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont fancy going over and give my Solar heating supplier a thick ear do you? Woolsbridge industrial park?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What bad weather?    thought it was normal......
Jmd..... Short cut on lawn appearance...... no grass cuttings, no mower, no noise...... when you see dew on the lawn, or very early as the frost is clearing..... take a heavy yard broom, and walk up and down the lawn,dragging the broom behind you,  as if you were mowing it..... the end result is nice stripes, takes a lot less time, and will last for most of the morning, by which time you will have found something more profitable than lawn  mowing to do, and save the mower job for when there is nothing worth doing...
Community Veteran

Cold weather has now arrived  Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oldjim, can I have your map reference. Might look you up on Google Earth.
Don't forget to wave.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Google Earth only uses 4 figure grid references so here it is SU0203
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Jmd..... Short cut on lawn appearance...... no grass cuttings, no mower, no noise......

Undecided  thanks for that advice!  unfortunately, the owners of house I bought when I moved here last Sept did nothing about the moss and weeds which are part of lawn thus meaning that if I swept the lawn it would show all of that off!  it is a second hand mower too and therefore a bit stiff so that does not help with adjustments........................ but when the sun comes out again and the wind goes away.... I will try again with lawn [that may mean it will get very long before that day!]
Meantime - this morning we have wind, hail, sleet and bright sunshine all at same time.  Lovely................... don't think.  Glad oldjim now also has the dubious pleasure of cold weather! Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oldjim, That looks a nice village (from the air) are you near the village green? What are those 6 long buildings off to the east?
The definition is rather good, must have been taken on a clear day, much better than my area, which seemed to have been a bit cloudy.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Here on the south coast, there is a lot of strong winds, and occ showers.... had a bit of sleet (5 seconds) but no snow yet.... Looking forward to the snow, so I can take some nice photographs....
See, every cloud has a silver lining...... not all weather is bad..... most of it is indifferent, and people still complain about it !
Grin D1